My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Movie Search does not find all available movies

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MYHU

I used the “stop search before it starts” trick to clear all tunings, then progressively manually loaded mpx’s, trying movie search after each addition. Everything worked ok until mpx 45, the one carrying Sony Movie Channel 32, was loaded. This provoked the loss of some movie search results- though Sony Movie Channel movies were found.

Any ideas anyone?

| Fri 25 Aug 2017 15:39:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

I have a similar problem, in that the search finds nothing from Talking Pictures TV at present. I suspect the problem is that the Humax will only show 400 results. It seems that the Humax searches in an odd way. Instead of searching for all the films today, then all the films tomorrow etc., it looks as though it searches Film4 (say) for all the films for the next week, then Sony, then BBC1, etc. It gets to 400 results and can't cope with TPTV. I've tried manual tuning and can usually get results from some of the channels that I want to show up. It might make a difference which order you manually tune the multiplexes in. Frankly, I haven't got the patience to keep trying. Next time I need to retune the missing films will probably be from a different channel. I have resorted to creating a favourite section with the main film channels in them, and browsing through the EPG for those channels, starting at the end and working back to today. This doesn't help with films shown on non-film channels.

| Fri 25 Aug 2017 16:08:52 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.