My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Moving recordings within Humax FVP-5000T

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

avoca

Moving recordings within Humax FVP-5000T.
    I am an oldie and we are self-isolating and I a bit of a duffer. Is there a way to move recored files within the FPR other than sort on time or A –Z. Or can I even change their file names or move them in a folder. With my old PVR/ FVRs I could do this.
    There is a good reason why I am asking. For example – I like the “Repair Shop”. This sometimes appears on BBC1 as a single programme and not as a series but on BBC2 it is linked as a series. On the Quest Channel a combination of both.
    This also occurs with other series or individual progs so at the moment my wife and I have lots of progs and series files/folders all with the same name about the same thing. These could all just be in just one folder. We end up ploughing through pages of recorded programmes to watch something. And my memory is less than ¼ full at the present.
    Many thanks for help with even one suggestion.
    Avoca

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 17:00:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

avoca - 2 hours ago  » 
    Is there a way to move recored files within the FPR other than sort on time or A –Z. Or can I even change their file names or move them in a folder. With my old PVR/ FVRs I could do this.

Sadly as far as I am aware it is not possible to rename anything or create folders.

| Sat 2 Jan 2021 19:36:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

avoca

Thank you for your time

| Mon 4 Jan 2021 15:40:32 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

It is not possible to rename recordings or place them in folders.
    The only place you can create folders or rename them is in the downloaded area of the disk. In other words, you can transfer files (I use ftp, but it may be possible by other methods) from your PC to the download area. You can create folders and place files in them. You can then copy them from the downloaded area to the "Internal HDD" area in the folders (or leave them in the download area). However, I doubt this is what you want to do. You would probably need to save SD programmes to your PC, convert them to mpg or mp4 format and save them back to the Humax. You would lose any EPG information and would always have to watch the programme from the beginning, a bookmark is not saved. Unless you intend saving the programmes and want to spend ages messing about I'd give it a miss!

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 11:31:52 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.