My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Multi room control options - android sticks?

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

RogerRoger

Hi All, new user.

I've just bought a FVP-4000T and an H3 Espresso.
    I really like the FVP-4000T, although it's a little slow it seems to do everything. However I am quite disappointed by the H3. I thought they were designed to work together, but the functionality of the H3 is really limited and is not going to work for me.

What I need is to be able to remotely watch and delete programs, browse and set recordings from other TVs in the house. I also wanted access to iPlayer but that isn't key.

I think I have two options. One is to start running HDMI cables from all my remote TVs to the master TV and then use Remote Control over HDMI adaptors so I can use the remove control from other rooms. This would offer full functionality but would require me to take up a lot of floor boards and lay a lot of cable, so not ideal.
    The second option is to try and find some Android devices that can be plugged into my TVs and can install the Humax Android apps and achieve most of the functionality from there. I've got the Humax apps installed on my Mobile Phone and they seem to work really well, although the scheduling isn't 100%. The problem with this is that any Android HDMI sticks I have purchased in the past have been complete pants. They hardly worked at all, or didn't have access to the Google Play store.

So my main question is, has anyone done anything similar with remote Android devices? HDMI stick devices or possibly some kind of cheap tablet with HDMI output?

(I've been previously using Windows Media Center with 2 Media Center Extenders. These allow full functional control of the Media Center from other rooms. However the boxes are getting more unreliable and can't be replaced with new, so that's why I've bought the FVP)

I'm looking for something for regular everyday use, not just occasional.

Thoughts are welcome

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 17:57:47 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.