My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Multiple recordings

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eilesl

I scheduled a film to be recorded which worked ok but every time this film is rescheduled to be shown again it records on the 4000 box .Finished up with one film five times .Any clues please ..

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 13:49:14 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Screw up with the broadcaster CRID codes. Guessing the broadcaster has included all the repeats with the same Series CRID and a different programme CRID for each repeat. Therefore the box doesn't know it's already recorded it before.

Welcome to our forum

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 14:40:15 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Eilesl - 1 hour ago  » 
    I scheduled a film to be recorded which worked ok but every time this film is rescheduled to be shown again it records on the 4000 box .Finished up with one film five times .Any clues please ..

Which film and which channel? And was it a split film?

It is quite normal and correct for film repeats to have the same programme CRID as the original broadcast. And if it is a split film it should be OK for them to have the same IMI if there is more than 3 hours between the original and all the repeats.

For split films they have a programme CRID and also an IMI extension. Even with the the same CRID and IMI value freeview recorders should not be recording the repeat if the start of the repeat starts more than 3 hours after the end of the original broadcast that you were trying to record. The HDR-FOX T2 and HDR-2000T/1800T erroneously ignore the 3 hour rule. Possibly the FVP-4000T also does.

The broadcasters can allocate the IMI so that the erroneous recorders can cope better but the broadcasters really shouldn't have to.

The broadcasters do vary from time to time how they individually set up their split films. If you give some examples of films and channels were you are having the repeat recorded as well I look at the channels up and coming film details to see what allocation technique they are currently using and if it should be OK I'll also attempt to replicate on a FVP-4000T.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 15:34:12 #3 |
  4. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I recorded London Has Fallen last Sunday on 5HD; it was a split film. I have watched and deleted it, but yesterday I noticed that the repeat last night was in my schedule list to be recorded again, so I just deleted it from the schedule.

The 5 channels are the only ones I have noticed where the repeats are also recorded. I have Bull on 5USA on series record and as well as the premiere on Tuesday's the 4000T also records the repeat the following Monday.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 16:46:24 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Stephenesque - 45 minutes ago  » 
    The 5 channels are the only ones I have noticed where the repeats are also recorded. I have Bull on 5USA on series record and as well as the premiere on Tuesday's the 4000T also records the repeat the following Monday.

Thanks. I don't currently have my FVP-4000T setup but unfortunately the series is now ending and which means I can't look up what the CRID details are anyway.
    I don't suppose you have any other current non-split examples?

Stephenesque - 50 minutes ago  » 
    I recorded London Has Fallen last Sunday on 5HD; it was a split film. I have watched and deleted it, but yesterday I noticed that the repeat last night was in my schedule list to be recorded again, so I just deleted it from the schedule.

In the next week I'll setup a FVP-4000T (and providing the unit is working!) record some ITV2 and channel 5 split films and log what they have set the metadata has been setup top trigger the recording behaviour, (programme CRID, IMIs and any series CRID). I should know by 2nd December whether the FVP-4000T/5000T also has the same split programme defect as the HDR-FOX T2 and HDR-2000T/1800T on 1st or 2nd December.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 17:57:59 #5 |
  6. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

I should point out that the repeats are only recorded if the original episodes have been deleted. In series (and films) which I have recorded and not yet watched the repeat showings are not recorded.

For example I am currently recording The Detail on 5USA and have the first three episodes recorded, but no repeats, and the repeats aren't showing as scheduled.

| Sun 18 Nov 2018 19:37:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Christina2018

special member

I haven't had it with films on my 5000 (only had it two months though) but I did with The Last Leg- if I watched and deleted the episode before the repeat was broadcast it would then record the repeated version. I spoke to Humax about it on the phone (I phoned about something else and mentioned it whilst I was talking to them) and they said a factory reset should sort it out.

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 9:57:38 #7 |
  8. Trev

Trev

special member

To misquote MRD "They would say that wouldn't they"
    Sometimes, but not often, it fixes the 'fault'.

| Mon 19 Nov 2018 10:28:02 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.