My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

My Humax.net problems

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tyke

Still getting to grips with my 5000T. Apart from the problem sorting videos moved to the internal hdd (see my other post) I am having trouble with the web page myhumax.net. When I installed the box I created an account and it all worked well. I could view the guide, see my schedule and schedule recordings. Then it stopped working and all I could get was a ‘my info’ page. It worked once away from home but now is back to not working. Can anyone cast any light on this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry! This may be in the wrong forum.

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 10:17:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GrahamRHK

special member

Well it is working for me having checked just now. Are you accessing from a phone or web browser? Can you attempt to log on with the ID and password you set? What happens when you do?

| Sat 11 Jan 2020 11:59:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tyke

Thanks for your reply. I was using an iPad. I deleted the account and tried starting again but it wouldn't work. There was a 'tablet' icon on the screen so it knew that I was on a tablet. On my desktop it worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, when I went to the Humax box, I discovered that nothing connected with Freeview Play was working. No scroll back on EPG, no catchup, two lines of grey boxes and also no iPlayer. TV signal and internet were fine and ITV Hub worked. I was not prepared to start trying to solve problems on a three day old unit so I called John Lewis Tech Support. We went through my problems and the lady gave me a reference code. She told me that I was her third call with a Humax fault that day. I took the box back and got a full refund.

There were other problems, small in themselves but of nuisance value. Imported videos not sorting at all, changing date on the Live TV app worked once only - to change date again you had to come out of the guide and reselect it.

| Sun 12 Jan 2020 10:14:57 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

HepCat

My Humax HDR 2000T 500GB purchased in 2017 now sometimes takes up to 10mins to 'connect up and synchronise' from my switching the tv on. What can be done to speed up the process?

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 13:58:17 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tyke

I’ve found that the Humax.net site works on the iPad if I use Firefox but not on Safari.

| Mon 13 Jan 2020 15:26:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

The lack of Players and EPG catch up is usually due to an overload of cookies
    In the Players screen top right is a delete cookies button. Seems to be a long term foible of the FVP 4000/5000

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 5:05:11 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Philip

If you are new to the FVP 4000/5000 there are several idiosyncrasies you will need to learn to live with. The link to the MyHumax site is one of them. I would strongly advise using a fixed IP address in your router, Reason being that if the router reboots and uses a different IP address the FVP won't follow the new address, unless it is power cycled. Worse the FVP will still report the internet as connected when it isn't

If you use all the bells and whistles, the FVP becomes high maintenance.

I find that every few months my FVP requires a full factory reset to keep it working, usually I have to do the partial reset first, before the full reset will work .

The Live TV app is also tricky, the guide and schedule will only work away from home if no link to your wifi. ie only linked to the MyHumax site ( in my profile, registered device, is empty)

If you want a freeview play recorder you are stuck with Humax, there is not much else available.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 9:43:45 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tyke

Thanks for that. As I said, I took the box back after talking to John Lewis. I understand that Humax no longer make Freeview Play boxes or even the YouView (which is now just BT TV) ones. I’m sticking to my 9 year old Panasonic recorder which does everything I want except allow me to set recordings from an iPhone. What surprised me was that when I looked on eBay, the 9 year old recorder is going for £450!

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 13:28:48 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

john1

special member

Actually, John Lewes is so wrong. If they don't know, perhaps the should stay silent. As on this occasion they Obviously don't .
    Humax still has the FVP4000t & FVP5000t ( which is still in production )
    Both of these Models are Freeview Play.
    I believe that they are designing a new model which will also be Freeview Play.

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 13:50:17 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tyke

| Tue 14 Jan 2020 14:38:41 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.