My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

My T-2000 has turned into a BT box???

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ssppiiddeerrmma

Been happily using my T2000 for a few years. Really like the Youview interface and guide.
    However, I recently switched my broadband from Virgin to BT Fibre and after plugging ethernet cable from Humax to new BT Home Hub router I noticed my trusted Youview has morphed into a BT interface!?
    I assume the new BT modem/router has surreptitiously changed the operating system of my box - I certainly didn't do it.
    I must stress this is a plain old Humax t2000 Youview box owned from new and it's never been near BT Broadband before and I have never had (or requested) BT TV.
    I find it irritating that a load of new channel numbers have appeared, eg BT Sport, MTV HD etc but all just come up with a message to contact BT to subscribe. Also I've got a BT App or player now too plus a generally strange colour scheme and font layout and BT logo on homescreen.
    Yeah, it still works okay but I'm peeved at this unwanted BT overlay of my Humax box.
    Is this normal and whats best way to revert my box back to its normal Youview state and prevent my BT modem doing it again? NB I don't want to do a re-set as I have dozens of recordings I don't wish to lose at this point.

| Mon 29 Jul 2019 16:48:38 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Ssppiiddeerrmma - 5 hours ago  » 
    I assume the new BT modem/router has surreptitiously changed the operating system of my box - I certainly didn't do it.

It is the youview design that instigates the change, not BT. The youview design is to verify which ISP it is connected to, and the end result is that it retrieves an ISP tailored experience.

Is this normal

yes

whats best way to revert my box back to its normal Youview state and prevent my BT modem doing it again? NB I don't want to do a re-set as I have dozens of recordings I don't wish to lose at this point.

Unfortunately, while you are with BT there is nothing you can practically do to change it permanently.
    A reset allown will not switch to another USP experience variation.
    You would need to connect the box to a non-BT line until it it is setup with another scheme and then never connect it to a BT line again, which is obviously not practical.

| Mon 29 Jul 2019 22:53:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

At the end of the day it is simply an overlay. If you had TalkTalk you would get their overlay. The everyday usage/implementation of your box hasn't actually altered.

Why some people think their box has been hijacked by aliens or why they care about the corporate branding I find hard to fathom.

| Tue 30 Jul 2019 0:05:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ssppiiddeerrmma

Sorry to bump this thread but my T-2000 inexplicably upgraded to the full NowTV functionality recently, possibly in last week or so.
    Previously, the NowTV app only gave access to Movies - wouldn't access Entertainment or Sports even though I subscribed to the, Consequently I always used a NowTV mini-box or latterly a NowTV stick.
    I dunno how/why after these years it suddenly now gets access to NowTV (and also gives me a thumb to quick access last thing I was viewing from the "My TV" bar) and if this relates to my BT Broadband service monkeying with my box or if it's a general Humax upgrade.
    Whatever, I'm very pleased as I can unplug my NowTV Stick and have a smoother simpler interface via one Humax R/C.

| Mon 23 Mar 2020 18:30:24 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.