My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

my unit is not responding to the remote

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jph

I have had my Foxsat HDr for exactly one week.. the unit now fails to recognise my remote control. I have disconnected and reconnected everything but it still doesn't work. The remote light comes on when I press a button but the unit fails to respond.
    The unit is still recording the programmes I set up.
    I have tried to register my new unit on the Humax web page but it isn't recognising my serial number. I have e mailed support because if it goes wrong at weekends its too bad - no-one there.
    Can anyone help please?

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:48:16 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. By remote light do you mean the white pvr button flashes red on the remote?. If not press the white pvr button and try again.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 15:55:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jph

Thanks so much.. the red TV light was coming on but I hadn't touched the PVR button as I didn't know what it was.
    I pushed it as you suggested and everything is now working....
    Happy Sunday!

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 16:00:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jph - 13 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks so much.. the red TV light was coming on but I hadn't touched the PVR button as I didn't know what it was.
    I pushed it as you suggested and everything is now working....
    Happy Sunday!

The supplied remotes can control more than 1 device, you change the device you want to control by pushing the appropriate white button. The codes and instructions are in the manual. You aren't alone, this catches out dozens of new users :-).

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 16:16:14 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.