My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

mysterious schedule

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rosieamy

why are Humax not addressing the vanishing Schedule - some days a full schedule, some days no schedule and some days a "same day" schedule only - makes no sense and obvously cannot delete from EPG. Have reverted back to earlier model FoxDR2 where you can make folders and it never lets you down. anyone else given up?

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 0:17:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

I, and many others, have this problem.

I found a solution, that has worked faultlessly...

On a day when a full schedule appears... Leave the 4000T permanently on, and remove all energy saving options, so that it never switches off.....

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 0:47:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

I wouldn't want to leave it on personally - the unit gets quite hot or at least used to - I haven't checked recently. As someone else mentioned as a workaround,deleting a channel also brings back the schedule, at least the three or four times I've tried it.

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 12:15:44 #3 |
  4. aciddad

aciddad

special member

The easiest solution I have found is to disconnect the box from the internet overnight. You won't get automatic software updates but Barry will no doubt post when one is available.
    This method has never failed for me but no one else appears to have tried it. Please do.

David.

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 15:46:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxUKNW

BlackGhost - 13 hours ago  » 
    I wouldn't want to leave it on personally - the unit gets quite hot or at least used to - I haven't checked recently.

Well I checked my 4000, and after being permanently on for a few days now........ it runs cool to the touch.

So no problem there

The unit is well positioned & ventilated, not enclosed.

| Thu 5 Jan 2017 2:09:17 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.