My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Broadcast, Internet, Media

Netflix 500 internal server error

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpz

I am having a problem connecting to Netflix on my HMS-1000T – whenever I try I get a '500 internal server error' message. I have no problems connecting to the internet with the recorder and am able to connect to YouTube successfully. I have gone through all of the settings and can’t seem to find anything that could explain the problem and the troubleshooting guide doesn’t address this issue. Has anyone else come across this error when trying to connect to one of the internet streaming services and if so, were you able to fix it?

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 11:26:49 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The error indicates a problem at the server end, either with it's configuration or with the data you sent to it.

Check carefully your identity settings.
    Are you trying to connect from within Australia, if not that could be the problem.

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 11:36:01 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpz

Thanks - yes, I agree that it indicates a problem at the server end. What identity settings are you referring to? And where are these located?
    I am connecting from Australia.

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 12:42:09 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Your Netflix subscription ID was what I was referring to.
    Have you connected successfully previously?

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 16:27:43 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpz

I have connected successfully on my PC with my username and password. I expected that when I clicked on the Netflix app icon on the HMS-1000T there would be a prompt to enter my credentials, but it never gets this far - the error notification displays before then.

| Sun 27 Nov 2016 21:34:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.