My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

Netflix button not working on HMS-1000T remote

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpz

Has anyone else had this problem? Pressing the Netflix button doesn't have any effect at all. I am connected to my LAN and the internet and can access the internet via other apps, such as YouTube, but get no Netflix connection.I am wondering whether the button is actually connected to the Netflix app, as the app is not in the list of apps that gets displayed when you go to the app centre.

| Fri 2 Dec 2016 11:39:59 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not even Netflix is available via that unit in Australia, do you not have Quickflix instead?

| Fri 2 Dec 2016 13:35:25 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpz

Yeah, I suspect that you may be right, but then why have the button on the remote? In the hard copy user guide that comes with the unit they don't show the Netflix button or, in fact the Apps button, so the guide is out of date. However they do refer to Netflix on their website (see attachment), but don't say anything about it not being available in Australia.

| Fri 2 Dec 2016 21:14:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

timpz

Attachment uploaded

Attachments

1. HumaxScreenshot.jpg (79.9 KB, 2 downloads) 7 years old
    | Fri 2 Dec 2016 21:17:07 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

timpz - 1 hour ago  » 
    Attachment uploaded

They likely use the same remote in different countries. Perhaps you might get Netflix eventually (or shortly) and it will work. We don't have a remote in the UK for similar models with a Netflix button though Netflix has appeared recently. It's all down to international licensing. Basically you should be asking in a Australian forum, we do not even have the box so any response has to be a guess.

| Fri 2 Dec 2016 22:38:21 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I suspect the remote is the same as now used with the FVP 4000T in the UK - RM-L08:

https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/accessories/rm-i08u-1.html

| Fri 2 Dec 2016 23:10:58 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.