My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Netflix locks up

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Consistently. Start watching a film and then within 20-30 minutes, it freezes. You have to g back to basics and start watching again from where it stalled.

It's not my infrastructure. It's not Netflix. I can watch the same film on my Apple TV, the same infrastructure comms-wise and it's flawless.

| Sat 28 Dec 2019 22:42:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Is the box hard wired or WiFi ?

| Sun 29 Dec 2019 11:54:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have been having similar problems with my LG TV Netflix app. However, both Chromecast and Apple TV work flawlessly. The moral of this story - don't rely on manufacturers apps, stick to streaming devices.

| Sun 29 Dec 2019 16:23:08 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

Hi Graham

Having done a bit more research since posting, I think you've hit the nail on the head. AppleTV - wifi. Very happy. Humax via TP-Link and research brings up a log of folks having similar issues with the TP-Link and streaming .

Having recently (and ongoing-ly) refurbishing a house I just wish in hindsight I'd flood-wired it.

| Sun 29 Dec 2019 16:27:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I have TP 6 port network switch linked to TP-Link power line plugs - no issue. I have however been having problems with Netflix via LG TV wireless or hard wired. I have fantastic WiFi via BT Wholehome mesh system. The problem is that the apps don't receive regular or reliable updates for things like smart TVs or PVRs.

| Sun 29 Dec 2019 16:39:13 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

I'm afraid that I don't buy that line of argument. If your LG TV never worked with Netflix then yes, I'd agree. It's not as if Netflix are changing their systems all the time mandating an update at devices at viewers/listeners end.

TP-Link devices over the mains cabling can be problematic dependent on individual houses mains cabling.

| Sun 29 Dec 2019 18:01:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

countryman - 1 day ago  » 
    I'm afraid that I don't buy that line of argument. If your LG TV never worked with Netflix then yes, I'd agree. It's not as if Netflix are changing their systems all the time mandating an update at devices at viewers/listeners end.
    TP-Link devices over the mains cabling can be problematic dependent on individual houses mains cabling.

Surely the fault doesn’t lay with the product but with the users house wiring. I have encountered no such issues with said product, so to quote yourself I don’t buy that line of argument.

| Mon 30 Dec 2019 21:05:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

countryman

My bad. The two paragraphs are not connected.

If you ignore the paragraph regarding TP-Link (which clearly does not apply to your situation) then my initial premise stands. You don't make it clear. Did your LG TV work once, that Netflix somehow changed something at their end and now your LG Tv doesn't work with Netflix ?

| Mon 30 Dec 2019 22:20:51 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.