My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Netflix picture freezes with terrestrial sound pla

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

My 5000t started playing up yesterday, when selecting a program on Netflix and it goes to the episode / info screen before playing, well it just freezes. No waiting will sort it, exiting to TV the Netflix screen stays as is but the TV channel sound you were on before is playing, very odd. Only way to get off the screen / sound is power off
    I've done a factory reset to see if this cures it, but it's done it 3 times now, last time twice in a row straight after power off.

| Sat 27 Nov 2021 3:48:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

redulike

That exact thing happened to me today on my 5000T.
    Wife chose her login then the picture froze at her Netflix home page. Couldn't navigate out of it. I have the feeling the X button quited Netfix back to terrestrial for sound but with video still frozen on Netflix.

I had to pull the plug to recover.

The only thing is this.. she had only today re-signed up with Netflix having cancelled her subscription many months ago. I wonder if she should delete her 'old' user name on the Humax and start afresh. Might ve a weird bug. I'll check tomorrow.

| Sat 27 Nov 2021 20:44:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tuctuc

Well did it again tonight, only way to recover is unplug it

| Sun 28 Nov 2021 21:12:10 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian002

I have the same problem. Can only be fixed by unplugging.

| Mon 29 Nov 2021 18:18:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

Same here, got it back by rebooting box

| Tue 30 Nov 2021 19:39:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

slast

Exactly the same problem. I had a brief discussion (it was right at the end of the working day) with a Humax technical support person who said there may be a problem that the TV had lost the HDMI connection and was reverting to its own input rather than the PVR box. However that doesn't seem to be the fix (only power right off). In our case there is no change of Netflix info and the Netflix app in the TV itself (Samsung) was working fine. I also noted that not only was there no response to the Humax remote but none of the hardware controls volume channel up/down or power on/off worked either.

| Wed 1 Dec 2021 16:10:32 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

keef1461

Exactly same problem here with FVP5000T. Looks like the Netflix app is broken, the only way to recover from the crashed app is to unplug...

| Fri 3 Dec 2021 19:55:21 #7 |
  8. Paul_D

Paul_D

And another one here.
    It's happened several times over the last few weeks now.
    I came on here to mention it and saw this thread.

It happened again a few times this last weekend whilst the tuner was on BBC1 (standard definition).
    I exited the Netflix App and as well as the frozen Netflix picture, the message "Press OK for HD" appeared superimposed over the the Netflix picture.
    This proves that the problem is in the Humax box as the "Press OK for HD" message would come and go which it wouldn't do if the TV had lost the HDMI connection and was just showing the last remembered picture from the Humax box.

(Incidentally, the TV is not connected to any aerial so there is no way that the "Press OK for HD" message came from the TV)

| Tue 14 Dec 2021 0:10:24 #8 |
  9. Paul_D

Paul_D

Update:
    I've just spoken to Humax Technical Support and they have advised that this is a known issue that is being investigated at the moment.
    Apparently this is happening with other hardware devices, not just Humax and Netflix is currently looking into it.

In my case, this is only happening on my Humax FVP-4000T.
    My Humax HDR-1100S seems to be unaffected by this issue when using Netflix.

| Tue 14 Dec 2021 10:34:51 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

SussexPVT5000

Same issue for me on my 5000T box. Seems to happen when Netflix starts to buffer an autoplay preview. Pressing any navigation button like "back" whilst the preview is buffering locks up the screen and box, and only a power on/off will recover. I have notified Netflix of this today. I am wondering if turning off the auto preview mode will help (a very annoying feature anyway as it interrupts the credits of every program). You can disable auto preview play by going into edit your profile and unticking the box). Have not tried yet to see if it solves the issue. but will so so later this evening. It does not happen on my older smart TV which has an old version of the netflix app that does not support the auto preview play feature.

| Wed 29 Dec 2021 15:13:49 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.