My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Netflix picture freezes with terrestrial sound pla

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gin

I googled this issue and found this forum, am so glad I did as I am certainly a member of this club of "why is my Netflix effing freezing?!"

I'm having to switch it off at the plug every time I'm in the Netflix detail about the film/series description section.

I guess after reading everyone's comments it's a sit n wait till Humax figure it out.

So frustrating...

| Thu 30 Dec 2021 19:58:07 #11 |
  2. Paul_D

Paul_D

Gin - 56 mins ago  » 
    I guess after reading everyone's comments it's a sit n wait till Humax figure it out.

When I spoke with Humax Technical Support a couple of weeks ago, they advised me that this is happening with other hardware devices (not just Humax) and that Netflix is currently looking into it.

How true that information is, I have no idea, but Humax Technical gave me the impression that it wasn't their problem and they weren't investigating it.

My Humax HDR-1100S is unaffected by this issue and works flawlessly on Netflix so I would suggest that Humax Technical are well placed to compare the software between the two boxes and work out a resolution.

| Thu 30 Dec 2021 21:07:41 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnHaines

I have the same problem with a brand new FVP 5000 bought 2 days ago. Everything set up really easily and all functions working well including catch-up on iPlayer, Channel 4 etc. But just pressing the Netflix button cause instant freezing of the remote control and controls on the box itself. Only way out is to turn off the power and turn it back on.

| Sun 9 Jan 2022 10:32:22 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SussexPVT5000

Mine has not frozen since I disabled the "auto preview play" feature (go to your profile and click edit, and then and untick the auto preview play box). Maybe just lucky, as I haven't watched that much recently, but worth a try if only to confirm for this thread if it cures it for you.

| Tue 11 Jan 2022 17:04:46 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

tippy62

same situation here on my 5000t.
    now following..........

| Mon 17 Jan 2022 15:42:46 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

redulike

Re the possible fix "Mine has not frozen since I disabled the "auto preview play" feature ..."
    I think you may be onto something here ! My wife's mobile phone didnt have any Netflix auto preview option but I did turn off all download options I could see under Settings. We managed to watch a film

| Mon 24 Jan 2022 9:19:30 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

redulike

Oops, finger trouble
    As I was saying , we watched a film via the 5000t, pausing several times and returning afterwards to Freeview.

| Mon 24 Jan 2022 9:21:52 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gin

So I disabled all auto play for all devices and it seemed to work!

Cheers for the tip SUSSEXPVT5000, still hoping that they do a proper fix for it tho, but its a big thumbs up as managed to watch Netflix whole day without issue.

| Mon 24 Jan 2022 9:24:22 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SussexPVT5000

Thanks for the feedback. Great to see it helped.

Use of the PVT5000 remote with Netflix still very "clunky" though. Especially at the end of a program trying to get back to top menu's. Drives me mad having to have to press menu keys to watch the credits in full. Do Netflix think we are all such streaming junkies we just want to go straight to the next program...

| Mon 24 Jan 2022 14:01:07 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.