My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Network connected by no TV Portal?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Angeljaz21

Hi there,
    I've recently connected my Humax HDR-FOX T2 via Ethernet cable to my router. Everything looks fine and when I go into settings it says it is connected. However when I press the TV Portal button on my remote absolutely nothing happens...?!

I don't know what I've done wrong, I've looked through all the settings but can't find anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Clare

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 10:31:26 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum Clare

What version of software is on your unit?

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 11:46:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Angeljaz21

Thanks Barry

I'm not sure, a friend suggested it might need an update and I found the update date which is October 2010... so quite likely. But I can't find out how to update it...?

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 13:12:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Angeljaz21 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    I'm not sure, a friend suggested it might need an update and I found the update date which is October 2010... so quite likely.

I think that the version of the software you are using is too old. Odd that it hasn't updated automatically. Do you turnoff the mains power to the Humax overnight?

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 13:18:18 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Instructions and latest production version here.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model_tool.aspx?category_seq=182

Beta version as here

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-version-10227-available-to-download-1

Updating instructions same as above.

You need a small USB pen to manually update.

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 13:20:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Angeljaz21

Hi Martin,

No I never turn the mains power off although it has gone off a few times when we were re-doing the electrics. It must have been on for a few months now though. Any ideas how I can prompt it to update?

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 13:20:20 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Clare, the unit needs to be in standby overnight to update, when it is being broadcast.

Your only option presently is to update via a usb pendrive, it is not as daunting as it first appears.

You can download the software and instructions via this link:

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2/HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.27.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

| Thu 12 Apr 2012 13:55:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Angeljaz21

Hi Barry,

I tried updating my Humax box manually last night, I put the update file on the USB pendrive (correctly named etc) and followed the instructions but when I turned it on and held the on button down for well over 30 seconds nothing happened. I tried 4 or 5 times times before giving up.

The box is on standby every night now so is it best to just wait for the next update?

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 10:16:26 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Try reformatting the pen drive in Windows and then only have the one file on it. If that doesn't work you may have to use a different stick. They can be picky about some usb sticks.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 10:35:42 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Angeljaz21 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    when I turned it on and held the on button down for well over 30 seconds nothing happened.

Why did you hold the "on button" (do you mean the standby button, the big ring on the front) down? As far as I know that isn't correct for an HDR. Have you downloaded the correct update for the HDR; it is very easy to download the simillarly named HD update which will not work.

| Fri 13 Apr 2012 10:40:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.