My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Network connecting

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ambert

I have connected an ethernet cable to my T2 and the TV Portal works fine. (tried a WiFi dongle but it interfered with my laptop internet connection).
    Pressing the Media button I can see the Network connection and highlighting this I can go to my computer, but no farther. All I see is a blue bar with the name of my computer. Pressing OK just says "connecting" then disappears after a short while.
    Any suggestions to access my files would be appreciated.

| Mon 16 May 2011 14:20:25 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I don't know the T2 but firstly where have you connected the other end of the cable to? A spare port on your Router or your PC?

| Mon 16 May 2011 15:27:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

ambert

Hi Repassac,
    It's connected to a spare port on the router.
    The funny thing is the T2 can see the Laptop but I can't assess the files and my desktop which is connected to the modem it can't see at all!

The connections are; Modem to Router, Router to Desktop, Router via Ethernet cable to T2, Router via WiFi to Laptop.

| Mon 16 May 2011 16:00:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

The T2 is a DLNA client. You need to have a DLNA server running on your PC for the T2 to access your media files. If you are using Windows 7 check out the information here. or Google for Windows 7 DLNA server.

| Mon 16 May 2011 16:04:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ambert

Thanks Raydon,
    I will check that out.

| Mon 16 May 2011 16:21:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ambert

Hi Raydon,
    Thanks for the info, followed the instructions in the link and it is now streaming my files.
    Just had to turn off the T2 and when I turned it back on it worked.
    Thanks again for your help.

| Mon 16 May 2011 16:44:02 #6 |
  7. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

ambert - 1 month ago  » 
    I have connected an ethernet cable to my T2 and the TV Portal works fine. (tried a WiFi dongle but it interfered with my laptop internet connection).

Was this the Humax WiFi dongle? and in what way did it interfere with your laptop connection?

| Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:41:18 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ambert

Sorry Trevor for this overdue reply.
    The WiFi dongle was an EDIMAX 150Mbps mini-size USB Adapter.
    The problem with the wireless connection to the Laptop was it simply stopped working, just lost the connection. If i remember correctly i removed the dongle and i got the connection back on the Laptop. The dongle worked fine on the Humax!
    I also have a Kindle Reader that uses WiFi and that works fine, with no interferance between it and the Laptop. I can't think what causing the problem. Other people seem not to be having any issues with WiFi.

| Sat 30 Jul 2011 19:01:57 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.