My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

network problem

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

yotboy

I have a PC and 2 laptops on a homegroup with the Humax. Each computer can 'see' the Humax, but the Humax can not 'see' one of the laptops. Where am I going wrong. (everything is on Win7)

lso why is my humax requiring reinitialisation of the network -redo password, every 3 three hours running time? Can I avoid this resetting?

| Sun 22 Sep 2013 10:23:47 #1 |
  2. Wallace

Wallace

special member

yotboy - 5 hours ago  » 
    ...lso why is my humax requiring reinitialisation of the network -redo password, every 3 three hours running time? Can I avoid this resetting?

Do you have power save mode enabled on the Humax?

| Sun 22 Sep 2013 15:30:19 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Homegroups are a Windows 7 and 8 addition and only these Windows PCs use them. Standard Windows shares are what you need and a PC will not be seen if it does not have any active shares.

Your network problem - I would look to your own network for this - I would think it is because the T2 has received a request to authenticate. I normally setup my shares using the settings to allow read access to my network (your firewall will prevent external access) - so no password required anyway.
    You might check the DHCP lease time on your router and the pool size - I would suggest an address reservation on the router for the T2 as well.

| Sun 22 Sep 2013 16:16:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.