My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Network Server problems

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

When the Network Server is running properly I can successfully use the Remote applications to see the unit, control it and view live TV on my iPad etc. However I'm having trouble with the Network Server after I put the unit into Standby. When I turn the PVR back on again (using the remote) none of the remote apps can see the unit. If I go into the network settings it shows the Server as running but I can't access it remotely.

I then go to server status, stop the server and restart it and everything is fine until I put the unit back into standby. This happens consistently and is a right pain in the proverbial having to continually restart the server. Any ideas?

| Tue 12 Jan 2016 16:53:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

pgh1949 - 1 day ago  » 
    When the Network Server is running properly I can successfully use the Remote applications to see the unit, control it and view live TV on my iPad etc. However I'm having trouble with the Network Server after I put the unit into Standby. When I turn the PVR back on again (using the remote) none of the remote apps can see the unit. If I go into the network settings it shows the Server as running but I can't access it remotely.
    I then go to server status, stop the server and restart it and everything is fine until I put the unit back into standby. This happens consistently and is a right pain in the proverbial having to continually restart the server. Any ideas?

Mine is exactly the same. I have discussed this at extreme length with Humax support along with other issues which I believe are all related to the buggy Samba server implememtation on the Humax. However Humax support are completely useless I'm afraid and just trot out "your network settings are incorrect" like some kind of mantra without doing any real investigation of the server coding.

It is possible that the later firmware 1.00.63 rather than 1.00.59 fixes some of these problems even though they are supposedly the same. I have .59 but I can't see any way to upgrade to the "later" firmware.

Which firmware version do you have?

Richard

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 12:57:58 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

pgh1949

I'm on 1.00.59 although updating isn't an option as when I check new software the unit just hangs.

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 16:26:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

pgh1949 - 5 hours ago  » 
    I'm on 1.00.59 although updating isn't an option as when I check new software the unit just hangs.

Yep, same hanging here as well. Also reported to Humax technical support.

Richard

| Thu 14 Jan 2016 21:38:41 #4 |
  5. ricke17

ricke17

Same issue here both with the network server and updating the f/w

| Fri 29 Jan 2016 12:41:25 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.