My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Network storage

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

alanbo

I currently have an HDR FoxT2. I have connected network storage to it (WD MyCloud). There are 2 problems:

1. When connected to the network storage and turning on the PVR, it reboots after 2 or 3 minutes, and if a recording is taking place the recording is automatically cancelled by the reboot.
    2. When accessing recorded TV on the network storage I can play files, but I cannot fast forward or rewind, I cannot turn on subtitles as I can when playing a file from the PVR hard disk or an attached USB drive, and I cannot copy files to or from the network storage.

If I purchase a FVP-4000T will it:

1. NOT reboot after 2-3 minutes after being turned on when connected to the network storage?
    2. Be able to fast forward and rewind recorded TV files on the network storage?
    3. Be able to turn on subtitles on the network storage?
    4. Be able to move or copy to and from the network storage?

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 18:43:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. The HDR FOX T2 issue is down to an interaction with some dlna servers notably some versions of Twonky Media.

Turning off network share on the HDR-FOX-T2 will stop it.

If you install the Custom Firmware for this box found at Hummy TV there is a fix for this issue that will retain the dlna client capability. Not having a FVP-4000T I can't answer your other queries.

| Mon 4 Jan 2016 18:53:04 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.