My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Networking

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PeterRR

I am able to see the FVP-5000T on my Network page as a Media Server and can access it via Windows Media Player and I can play media stored on the device. However I cannot access the device via File Manager to copy recordings from the Humax to my PC.

I am running Windows 10 (fully up to date) using a homeplug LAN.

Any ideas?

| Tue 6 Nov 2018 16:24:50 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

PeterRR - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I am able to see the FVP-5000T on my Network page as a Media Server and can access it via Windows Media Player and I can play media stored on the device. However I cannot access the device via File Manager to copy recordings from the Humax to my PC.
    I am running Windows 10 (fully up to date) using a homeplug LAN.
    Any ideas?

Hi welcome to our forum See this Faq note the first sentence

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/file-transfer

| Tue 6 Nov 2018 16:49:07 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RICWALLAR

I have a similar issue but I cannot access from my PC any files on my FVP4000T to copy onto or play them on my PC. My PC is running current Windows 10 64 bit 1803. My Humax software is up to date (UKTFAE 1.03.45). The SAMBA server is enabled and the wireless network is connected and operating correctly.
    In my PC File Explorer the FVP4000T appears, with a single folder called MyContents. This is shown as being empty. In Windows Media Player, under "Other Libraries" the FVP4000T appears under "remote libraries" with items called Music, Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV. All are shown as empty. But I have 195 recordings stored in the Humax internal HDD.
    I want to copy some recorded files from the Humax to the PC but cannot see them so am unable to do so.
    Any ideas to resolve this gratefully received, thank you.

| Wed 14 Nov 2018 13:31:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

RICWALLAR - 9 hours ago  » 
    I have a similar issue but I cannot access from my PC any files on my FVP4000T to copy onto or play them on my PC. My PC is running current Windows 10 64 bit 1803. My Humax software is up to date (UKTFAE 1.03.45). The SAMBA server is enabled and the wireless network is connected and operating correctly.

I can't persuade the Humax to show up in the Computers section of Network which other SAMBA servers do. However I can mount the Recordings folder with

net use h: \\IPAddress\Recordings

(Replace IPAddress with actual IP address of your Humax.)

I can then copy SD content from the FVP-5000T to my PC but it is, as far as I can tell, not being decrypted so is only useful as backup. Please can someone who uses this method tell us what the trick is to get the content decrypted?

In my PC File Explorer the FVP4000T appears, with a single folder called MyContents. This is shown as being empty. In Windows Media Player, under "Other Libraries" the FVP4000T appears under "remote libraries" with items called Music, Videos, Pictures, Recorded TV. All are shown as empty. But I have 195 recordings stored in the Humax internal HDD.

Are the recordings SD or HD or a mix? On my setup in Windows Media Player I get SD recordings shown in the video section. I only get sound on playback but I assume I would need to add CODECs to be able to get the video. However I can play the recordings with picture and sound in VLC.

| Wed 14 Nov 2018 23:26:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RICWALLAR

Martin, thanks, but you're way outside my comfort zone of knowledge! My recordings are all SD. And I used to be able to access and copy them but I don't know what has changed, apart from the software updates. Maybe it's my AV software (AVG)?

| Wed 14 Nov 2018 23:47:35 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I should update this thread to say that I changed absolutely nothing but today the Humax is appearing in the Network Locations section of Windows 10 File Explorer and lo and behold exactly as per Barry's FAQ I can now transfer SD recordings to the computer. The transfer rate was a very acceptable 11MB/s and the recordings are decrypted and appear with a .mpeg extension and play in VLC. When I have time I will reverse some of the changes I made and see if I can understand the minimum requirement for this to work.

| Fri 23 Nov 2018 12:21:00 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.