My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Networking a Fox T2

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikatt

Hi I have recently bought a Fox T2 and having problems with networking, I can see the T2 on my PC screen but it shows as a media device in Windows Media and wont play any files. I also have a Foxsat machine which shows up as it should and I can copy files from it and transfer to another location. any help and sugestions would be good

Thanks Mike

| Wed 23 May 2012 12:56:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Only the HDR FOX T2 has media serving capabability. Example you can serve files from a HDR FOX T2 to a HD FOX T2 but not vice versa.

| Wed 23 May 2012 13:18:48 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikatt

Hi Graham thank you for your reply, what I would like to know is it possible to copy TV/video files from the Fox T2 to my PC via the home network, as I am able to do this with my Foxsat, I believe the HD format files have encription to stop this but what about the SD variant

Mike

| Wed 23 May 2012 16:04:17 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikatt - 7 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham thank you for your reply, what I would like to know is it possible to copy TV/video files from the Fox T2 to my PC via the home network, as I am able to do this with my Foxsat, I believe the HD format files have encription to stop this but what about the SD variant
    Mike

Like the HDR FOX T2 all content is recorded encrypted SD and HD.

Copying SD content to USB on a HDR decrypts the recordings. Doing the same on a HD FOX T2 does not, so only playable on the HD FOX T2 that recorded it. The media server software on the HDR will decrypt both HD and SD when streaming to another HDR FOX T2 or a HD FOX T2. You can't use a HD FOX T2 as a streaming media source for content recorded on it.

You can only copy and stream content from a Foxsat-hdr thanks to Raydons customised firmware which adds streaming software and remote drive mounting capability to the box.

| Wed 23 May 2012 16:18:13 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikatt

Thanks for clarifying that for me , next question has Raydon produced similar software for the HDR Fox T2 I should have said I have a HDR Fox T2.

| Wed 23 May 2012 16:28:31 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mikatt - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for clarifying that for me , next question has Raydon produced similar software for the HDR Fox T2 I should have said I have a HDR Fox T2.

I think you are looking for the hummy.tv forum.

| Wed 23 May 2012 16:35:06 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikatt

THanks Martin I will have a look might be something of interest.

Mike

| Wed 23 May 2012 17:01:51 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.