My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Networking HDR Fox T2, HD Fox T2 & HDR Foxsat

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeorgeH

Hello, I would like to understand the networking possibilities / limitations between the HDR Fox T2, HDR Foxsat and HD Fox T2. As my post relates to all these devices, I hope this is the correct forum. Please move it if another forum would be more appropriate.

From what I have read on this site, and from various other online resources, my current understanding is that with standard firmware/software the following applies:
    - the HD Fox T2 can stream from an HDR Fox T2, but not the other way round.
    - the HD Fox T2 can stream from some other DLNA servers
    - the HDR Fox T2 has a DLNA server and some other devices (including another HDR Fox T2?) can stream from it
    - the HDR Foxsat has no built in networking

I have an HD Fox T2, to which I have added a usb drive, and have successfully installed mofified firmware/software. I am familiar with the additional options this brings in terms of linking with computers and allowing the HD Fox T2 to stream to other devices.

I now want to add two PVRs to my (wired) network, either an HDR Fox T2 and an HDR Foxsat, or two HDR Fox T2s. My questions are about how they would interact if I install modified software/firmware on all three devices.

Hopefully somebody may have already done this and can share their experience. My specific questions are:

1. Would I be able to stream recordings from the HDR Foxsat to the HD Fox T2 and the HDR Fox T2? I think HD may be an issue unless recorded in non freesat mode.

2. Would I be able to stream to the HDR Foxsat from the HDR Fox T2, and possibly from the HD Fox T2 using the Mediatomb pacakage? Again I understand HD files may be an issue if they are encrypted.

3. Would there be any clashes with hostnames on the network, particularly if I decide on two HDR Fox T2 machines? i.e are any of the hostnames used by the modified firmware/software hardcoded, or can they be edited if they are not unique to each machine ?

4. If all the above works, is there a fixed limit on the number of these devices on a network? Has anybody had more than three devices on a network?

Any input / suggestions would be very welcome.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 16:35:37 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeorgeH

In case you think you may have seen the same questions elsewhere, I have now posted a similar thread on another humax related site.

| Fri 6 Jul 2012 23:30:25 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.