My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Network/TV Portal Issues

(3 posts)
  1. LokiUK

LokiUK

Hi there,

I've suddenly started having issues with the Hummy's networking, and wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar.

THe HDR is connected via ethernet to my network, and up until this week was able to play files off my media server, and connect to the TV Portal. 2 days ago, it suddenly stopped being able to do either, even though it could still see the network.

I checked the Network settings, and nothing had changed. What DID appear to have changed, weirdly, was the Mac Address of the Hummy (something I thought couldn't happen). Even with the new Mac address dialled into my router (I use fixed IPs), there's still no joy.

Anyone have any ideas? The only other thing that has changed conceivably this week is that my Internet provider made some changes to my line to improve service, but I can't see how this would change the ability to hit a media server within my local network.

Very confused. Is this a known issue? I'm on 1.02.28 software.

| Sat 21 Jul 2012 18:13:50 #1 |
  2. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Change your ip's to be dynamic, check if it works. If it does, it's a networking issue with your static addresses.
    AFAIK MAC addresses don't change.

| Sat 21 Jul 2012 19:53:52 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

A hardware MAC address never changes unless it is in a device that lets it be set (some routers).

| Sun 22 Jul 2012 17:45:11 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.