My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New firmware funnies

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not sure if this is new but not noticed it before. The display now shows the station name and the current time. On replay of a recording also shows elapsed time. Strangest thing after replaying a bit of a recording gone back to live TV and the time has disappeared. Am I going gaga

| Wed 16 Mar 2011 17:37:33 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No changes that I am aware of.

You were not watching in timeslip mode of a few seconds perhaps, as this has always resulted in abbreviated channel name and time on display.

Elapsed time on playback was certainly there on V13

| Wed 16 Mar 2011 17:49:48 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not afaik. The box was just on BBC1-HD I was not even watching it when I noticed the time. Very odd. Perhaps I sat on the remote

| Wed 16 Mar 2011 17:54:30 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

New firmware 'not so funnies'

Rant mode on:

Nothing gets my back up more then reading utter nonsense from the numpties in other places.

eg: Power cut problem is not fixed posted by one member, immediately reported in another thread as 'some' members, and the report is in error anyway.

Think I know where the 'expert' went wrong in his haste to post his 'news' - and I'll end this rant with one word in Caps as a clue.

Do users really think that after this amount of time, this problem would not have been tested, and tested, and tested and - you get the idea. If you had sight of the spreadsheet used to test this problem, you would realise how many hours were spent on this one single area alone.

Questions on buffer recording - is it mentioned in the release note, were hints not dropped over a Month ago that this would not be included.

I could go on, but it is late, and words really do fail sometimes.

Rant mode off

PADDING

Edit 17 Mar @ 12:25

Appears my guess was wrong but on the right lines, manual timer was used. Unit has never booted at T-15 for manual or auto pad timers.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 0:01:04 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Questions re the loader:

The new loader is NOT required for any of the changes as detailed in the release note for the new beta.

It will be made available for download sometime in the future.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 8:04:59 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Just set a recording for 0915, turned the power off during the pre-recording period. When power restored box returned to recording sby no problem. Going to try a second outside the 15 minute window

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 9:05:37 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Set a recording 45 mins away, turned off the hdr for 5 minutes and turned on the power. HDR has just gone into pre-recording sby so clearly as Barry says V15 works at least in respect of the power cut bug. Ordered a long cat5 lead to play with ITV player. Going to see whether I can force lpcm stereo over s/pdif from the BBC-HD preview loop.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 9:51:03 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thank you Graham for your testing, good to have another experienced, and knowledgeable user confirm.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 9:53:58 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Turning off Dolby Digital does not downmix to lpcm stereo on s/pdif.

Presumably it does so on hdmi which I can't confirm as the amp is a long way from the hdr.

Anyway to check if this should work ?

It would keep users with AV kit without AC3 decoding happy when viewing BBC-HD transmissions where the alternative stereo audio is audio described.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 10:05:31 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

raydon

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    Ordered a long cat5 lead to play with ITV player.

Not invested in a pair of Homeplugs yet Graham ?. Mind you don't trip over that lead !

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 11:02:36 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.