My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New firmware funnies

(15 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Basically too lazy :-). There's a 16 way network switch within 10M in the HIFI rack but like a twit when I put all the cables behind the skirting board I left out a cat5 cable. Only neat way is now to go through the wall twice. Because I have a free basic VM box I use that or my laptop which has a hdmi connection to the AV amp for vod services.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 12:15:02 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The penny has dropped from the poster who thought the power cut bug was still there

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 13:25:42 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 
    The penny has dropped from the poster who thought the power cut bug was still there

So I see, and full marks to them for the update.

My numpty comment has obviously caused a stir in certain quarters.

Instead of rushing to try and pull this software apart, users should take their time, test it PROPERLY, then such comments would not be justified, plus it will stop them from embarassing themselves.

and one final point

I do not work for Humax, never have, but I do have very good contacts, speak with them regularly, exchange views opinions on current products etc.

| Thu 17 Mar 2011 13:34:20 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Downmix to lpcm over s/pdif does work. After changing the menu option you simply have to retune to a channel with ac3 sound. The option takes effect when tuning to a channel transmitting ac3

| Fri 18 Mar 2011 9:17:50 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

More info on the downmix capability. Whether on or off the recorded audio tracks are recorded as is. When DD is off any ac3 track is output as lpcm stereo when replaying the recording. So Humax got it 100% right.

| Fri 18 Mar 2011 11:19:30 #15 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.