My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

New HD 1800T Freezing on BBC channels Only?

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

We have just purchased and set up a new Humax HD1800T. All the ITV channel are fine but the BBC channels only work without freezing when set to the HD1001 etc.
    I went to Installation to check the Channel Number was correct but it was set at 28 (Our recommended one is 44 or 45.) Changed it to 44 and signal strength went up to 89%. Did the search and clicked Save/OK. and thought I had solved issue.
    However BBC progs still freezing and when I go back to into Installation to check channel number it has reverted back to 28

Have checked software updates auto and manual but none coming up

Has anyone any ideas why I can't set and keep the channel number in Installation??

Thanks in anticipation of any reply.

PS We are in Felixstowe on the east coast and Humax say we are in a 'very variable area for signal'!! My husband's Humax 9300T works perfectly upstairs.

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 14:41:54 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LizMac42 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Has anyone any ideas why I can't set and keep the channel number in Installation??

It is entirely clear what exactly you are doing; try following this FAQ and see if it helps https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 14:53:05 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Guessing you have duplicate transmitters found during auto tune. Solution is usually a manual tune to the mux UHF frequencies used by your preferred transmitter.

You can identify potential transmitters and Mux numbers using the DTG postcode check site (select the detailed option).

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

A 1800T owner will hopefully post detailed how to manual tune instructions. If not I can provide HDR-FOX-T2 details which is very similar to the newer 1800T.

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 14:53:47 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

Thank you so much all above for your help.
    I managed to get all the numbers off the Transmitter site and I managed to follow the instruction link given by Martin, the important part was doing the Auto Search first and stop immediately to clear original channels.
    Then the only number which produced a good signal was 44 ( though not appearing on the transmitter site) however it worked and the BBC programmes were now sorted BUT the ITV programmes now non existent. I cannot find a transmitter number which will give BBC AND ITV. I think we will have to take this machine back and get FREESAT???

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 19:02:23 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Please don't post questions twice. I have replied in the other thread.

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 19:06:27 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LizMac42 - 23 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you so much all above for your help.
    I managed to get all the numbers off the Transmitter site and I managed to follow the instruction link given by Martin, the important part was doing the Auto Search first and stop immediately to clear original channels.
    Then the only number which produced a good signal was 44 ( though not appearing on the transmitter site) however it worked and the BBC programmes were now sorted BUT the ITV programmes now non existent. I cannot find a transmitter number which will give BBC AND ITV. I think we will have to take this machine back and get FREESAT???

Which transmitter ?

Using a guessed postcode most likely transmitter is Felixstowe which is a Freeview Lite transmitter with only 3 mux.

BBC A (SD) on 45 Commercial D3&4 (SD) on 51 and BBC B (HD) on 53

Your aerial would need to be vertically aligned.

As you have channel 44 you are getting Sudbury.

SD numbers 44 41 58 60 56 and HD 47

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 19:26:00 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

Sorry Martin - I replied by mistake on the transmitter link page and it appears twice on here. We are now on 44, possibly the Felixstowe transmitter as that shows N. 45. but 45 brings nothing up. Will try to attach the info

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 19:36:21 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LizMac42 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Sorry Martin - I replied by mistake on the transmitter link page and it appears twice on here. We are now on 44, possibly the Felixstowe transmitter as that shows N. 45. but 45 brings nothing up. Will try to attach the info

44 is Sudbury

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 19:39:21 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

Yes, looked again it is. I did another automatic search tonight (pressure lower) I made sure I got rid of previously saved channels - it came up with 47 and all programmes worked except for Channel 5 which was a bit weak, but it often is, and its fine in HD - so hopefully - SORTED! Lesson appears to be to leave searches until low pressure or evenings.
    Thanks again for help

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 23:18:28 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

LizMac42 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Yes, looked again it is. I did another automatic search tonight (pressure lower) I made sure I got rid of previously saved channels - it came up with 47 and all programmes worked except for Channel 5 which was a bit weak, but it often is, and its fine in HD - so hopefully - SORTED! Lesson appears to be to leave searches until low pressure or evenings.
    Thanks again for help

A manual tune on the Sudbury channels after deleting old ones will work even when more distant ones are in range due to atmospheric conditions.

| Tue 6 Jun 2017 9:41:16 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.