My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New Humax

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

pvr

I have two of the above pvr's and I am due for an upgrade. Am I right in thinking the Humax DTR-T2000 (silver coloured one) is the new flagship model?
    Before I buy one (or two) I just need to know if a few things have been ironed out which currently disappoint me with the Fox T2's I have.
    Laggy user interface- A bit too unresponsive for my tastes. I don't know if I could bear this with a new machine.
    Poor remote- I replaced one and at approx. £40 they are not cheap. They seem to wear down so that you need to press buttons-(usually the enter button) ridiculously hard.
    USB- does the newm machine have this? Not that I used it much with the fox T2, but it was nice to know it was there.
    HDMI auto select- the fox T2 needed manual selection; a bit of a back step when RGB scart had been doing this for ages previous.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Matt

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 20:08:17 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

pvr - 22 minutes ago  » 
    I have two of the above pvr's and I am due for an upgrade. Am I right in thinking the Humax DTR-T2000 (silver coloured one) is the new flagship model?

I would have thought that Humax would regard the FVP-4000T Freeview Play box as the current flagship box. It is a bit of a Marmite box (some people love it, some people hate it) so read up before considering it. Similarly the Youview boxes like the DTR-T2000 have several significant limitations compared to the HDR-FOX T2 so again do your research.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 20:35:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The DTR-T*** boxes have USB ports but nothing useful has been implemented. You can use one to charge a phone.

I agree with Martin, the flagship box now is the FVP4000T. The HDR-2000T is also worth considering.

| Wed 30 Dec 2015 20:50:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.