My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New Humax Foxsat HDR 500Gb

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi everybody, My new Beasty arrived today. All connected OK with 2 LAN sockets operating over the mains circuit. That works OK can see and use iPlayer etc. The Humax is listed in the router as connected but I cannot access the Humax at all from the PC. Is this correct? or do I need the custom software listed on this site to even see the Humax at all?
    Sorry to be so dim, maybe I have missed something obvious.
    Martin.

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 16:20:49 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

mwyatt - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi everybody, My new Beasty arrived today. All connected OK with 2 LAN sockets operating over the mains circuit. That works OK can see and use iPlayer etc. The Humax is listed in the router as connected but I cannot access the Humax at all from the PC. Is this correct? or do I need the custom software listed on this site to even see the Humax at all?
    Sorry to be so dim, maybe I have missed something obvious.
    Martin.

Welcome !

You are correct in your assumption regarding the custom firmware (check that it is release 4.0.7). Without this you can only use the on demand services. After installing the firmware ehe samba add-on will enable the Foxsat to be seen on your network. (You may need to set your workgroup to match your PC's)

| Wed 4 Jul 2012 17:42:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi again. I have loaded the custom software and then loaded the full web interface. That all worked without a problem.
    I am porobable being particularly dense this morning, all I want to do is be able to transfer files to and from the media folders on the Humax and I cannot see how to do that yet. Any help please, PS it says that Samba is not installed/loaded.
    Best regards, Martin.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 9:26:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

I think I have found the answer. I have installed Samba from the list of available programs. Then wait a few minutes, than map anetwork drive as suggested in the "readme" file. I can now copy back and forth as required.
    I have learnt a few things, always get the last remainng grey cell to work before asking questions on a forum!!
    Always read the instructions first!!
    Many thanks to all at the forum for helping a thicky!
    Best regards, Martin.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 9:42:42 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mwyatt - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I think I have found the answer. I have installed Samba from the list of available programs. Then wait a few minutes, than map anetwork drive as suggested in the "readme" file. I can now copy back and forth as required.
    I have learnt a few things, always get the last remainng grey cell to work before asking questions on a forum!!
    Always read the instructions first!!
    Many thanks to all at the forum for helping a thicky!
    Best regards, Martin.

If you also install one of the ftp packages you can access the drive using ftp as well.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 9:50:45 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

I have another question for you!
    I am trying to copy a AVCHD video file from the PC to the Humax.
    I have converted the file from M2TS to .TS (in 1920 by 1080) type of file and put it on the Humax HDD, but it is not recognised by the Humax menu. What format does the file need to be in? Or is there some parameter that I Have got wrong?
    Best regards, Martin.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 12:50:52 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do a search for "AV2HDR" a utility which will create the other files required by the Foxsat.

It uses ftp so install your choice of servers in package management.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 12:54:57 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi, I have located and downloaded AV2HDR, also installed ftp.
    AV2HDR does what it says on the tin. The only problem I had was this ...If I transferred the files manually using ftp then I got the message "cannot locate the file xxxxx", however if I opted for auto transfer then it worked a treat.
    Many thanks for your help and advice.
    Best regards, Martin.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 18:54:03 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

One of the files the .hmt contains the full path to the .ts - if this is incorrect (as with most manual transfers) it will not show on the HDR.

| Thu 5 Jul 2012 19:00:01 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Hi again, yes, I follow your reasoning about the manual transfer. I have another question, I am sure that somewhere on this forum a person has stated that they can "see" the contents of the PC from the Humax end (assuming that folders were shared on the PC). I have not yet been able to do that, PC to Humax is fine and transfers to and from the PC are fine, if sitting at the PC. It would be nice to initiate the transfer, or look at the files, from the Humax end. Is that possible? I only have Samba and ftp installed so far.
    Best regards, Martin.

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 21:19:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.