My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New Humax Foxsat HDR 500Gb

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeorgeH

Hello,

You may have read my post in which i mentioned that my HD Fox T2 can see video files in a folder on my PC. The files are actually
    MPEG-2 TS Video (.ts) from another make of pvr, and I'm not sure if they are identical to the format of the Humax files.

On the Windows 7 home premium PC, I have included the folder containing the files in the library within Windows Media Player, and have initiated the sharing of media files from there - this is done in the 'Stream' sub menu and using the options to turn on media streaming and automatically allow devices to play media.

On the HD Fox T2, I use the media button on the remote,follwed by the blue button (for 'Storage'). This allows me to select the 'Network', and then the PC server containing the video files.

Once the connection to the PC is established a list of folders is displayed showing Music, Videos, Pictures and Playlists. After selecting Videos, another list is shown allowing me to select videos by 'All Videos', 'Video Genres', 'Video Actors', 'Series', 'Rating', 'Video Playlists', 'Folders', and 'Recorded TV'. These are all categorisations from Windows Media player. If I select 'Folders', I then get a list of the folders I have included in the Media Player library.

The HD Fox T2 plays the files, but the fast forward and rewind options are not available. The skip back and foward work, as does the 'cursor' control of the timeline shown by pressing the left or right arrows on the silver central control button on the remote control.

The files I have tried were all SD recordings.

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 23:01:09 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

GeorgeH

I hope I have not confused the issue, but the above is all about my experiences with a freeviw HD Fox T2, and not a HDR foxsat.

You may have seen my posting in another thread, in which I asked if anybody with a Foxsat had been able to stream files to the device?

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 23:07:33 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Navigation is dependant on sidecar files not visible using the UI on the box. AV2HDR-T2 can create these and thus make non native files work like they were natively recorded.

| Sat 7 Jul 2012 23:09:53 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwyatt

Thank you for your replies. On my Foxsat I have, after selecting
    MEDIA, under the coloured buttons the following areas ... Video, Radio,Music and Photo. There does seem to be an option of viewing other areas. It must be possible because when you plug in a USB stick it can be seen, why cannot I see the PC? PC is WinXP SP3.
    Martin.

| Sun 8 Jul 2012 7:42:15 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.