My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New Humax Support phone number

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

For the first time ever I had to ring Humax support and they have a new phone number which is no longer premium rate 03443188800.

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 15:04:42 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Old number was not premium rate.

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 16:40:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Barry - 42 minutes ago  » 
    Old number was not premium rate.

Sorry you are correct; it was an 0844 number and OFCOM say
    "Chargeable 08 Business Rate numbers
    These are used by large and small businesses for sales, enquiry and
    customer service lines and for some pay-as-you go internet access
    services.
    0843 and 0844
    How much do calls cost?
    Calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute for landline customers, plus a call set-up fee. Calls from mobile
    phones are typically charged between 5p and 41p per minute, depending on the provider and the number called."

The new number is 0344 and OFCOM say
    "03 numbers – UK-wide geographic numbers
    Many organisations use 03 numbers as an alternative to more
    expensive 08 numbers.
    How much do calls cost?
    Calls cost no more than calls to geographic
    numbers (01 or 02) and must be included in inclusive minutes and
    discount schemes in the same way. Calls from landlines are typically charged up to 9p per minute; calls from mobiles typically cost between 8p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles are included in free call packages."

So for many people with inclusive calls the new number will be free whereas the old one wasn't.

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 17:26:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

well done to Humax for getting rid of their 0844 number, credit where credit is due, it's a good move for them and customers.

I checked a few years ago and on my tariff 0844 could be 36p a minute, prices well hidden, took a while to find under something like a G6 code.

People may argue as to whether they are 'premium rate'; however a premium had to be paid for a lot of people, myself included. The 0344 number is included in my tariff I'm happy to say, the 0844 can still be anything up to 15p a minute.

The advice as ever, double check tariffs and use saynoto0870.com if you come across a number that has a premium

| Wed 3 Dec 2014 22:50:04 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My main beef with premium rate numbers used for support is when they dump you in a long queue were you could be waiting a long time to talk to anyone while *still* being charged the premium rate. Ideally, if they insist on charging, it would be free to be held in their queue, low rate for first line support while you jump through the idiot checklist questions but a bit more for being passed to second line support when hopefully you get someone who actually understands the problem and maybe even know how to fix it.

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 10:45:46 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.