My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New Member with a Problem

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dardruba

Hi I'm new and redfaced that my first post should be over a problem. Earlier today I sent this post to another group who suggested that Foxsat-HDR_upgrade 1.00.17.hdf might clear the problem. It didnt.

>Despite my lack of skills I wanted to enter the new transponder for Astra 1N ready for when I got a signal.
    I know I did the correct entry in Freesat mode using the info from KingofSat and did OK and closed, but dont remember how I closed. When I went back to viewing I was in Non Freesat mode.
    I went back in the Menu to STB Mode, Freesat was greyed out and a Non Freesat channel was playing.
    In the resulting panic I must have pressed one button too many and now have no entry to the Humax FoxSat-HDR and its not connecting to the TV.
    I switch on at the rear, BOOT displays, but nothing happens as I pause and try almost every button on the remote. Standby/TV or Standby/PVR have got me out of this type of incident in the past.
    I switch off at the rear, wait 1 min and on again, no change. Repeat with it on Standby or off Standby, no change.
    I do the same on the wall power socket, still no change.>

I've now tried the Upgrade, I'd previously done this so I was clear about how to do it. With the unit in Standby and the USB stick inserted I pressed the Standby button for 30 seconds, nothing appeared onscreen and the procedure switched off after about 25 seconds. To test I switched power off on the rear button, removed USB and switched power on. No result except I now have displayed Menu, Channel list and BBC 1 North West but none are active.
    I'd used a 4GB stick and I went thru the procedure again with a 1GB stick, without success.
    I dont have a purchase date but I noted I had V1.00.12 in November 09.
    So whats my next move please?

| Thu 3 Nov 2011 22:06:55 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

1. Check out this thread see if that helps:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/will-not-come-out-of-boot

Also check your PM's (link top right of Forum)

| Thu 3 Nov 2011 23:48:37 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dardruba

Thanks Barry. I promise I did look thru back posts but must have missed this one in my panic.

| Fri 4 Nov 2011 10:47:17 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dardruba

Just for closure. I'm up and running with a new box thanks to that nice man at Humax Customer/technical Services ( I was still in warranty) and thanks to you guys for your help.

Incidentally my last box was slow to respond to the Remote until I read recently in another place that behind the dropdown flap is a round glass and that was coated with something. A careful scratch with the fingernail cleared it and solved the problem.
    My new box has clear glass.

| Thu 10 Nov 2011 17:01:19 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.