My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New remote

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Amberino

Hey guys,

The original remote control that came with my FOXSAT HDR box has died... slowly but surely each button ceased to work and despite my best efforts it couldnt be saved. Having met its fate.. I obviously needed a replacement and so bought a 'one for all' remote; as they were highly recommended online and seemed the best choice. I have the URC7130 model, which I have since found out cannot learn new commands. Though working fantastically, I have since found it does not have a button to open the media section; so I cant watch anything ive recorded! I really dont want to buy yet another remote, so before I do I would like to ask if there are any ways around it (secret buttons or free smartphone apps) that could solve this - or alternatively a small, reliable and ultimately cheap remote with this function on it.

Thanks

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 15:26:55 #1 |
  2. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

As its an OFA remote it should have the 'Key Magic' feature installed. with that if you can find out the code you can assign it to any spare button or shifted button (magic key is the shift key)

In the first instance do a code search on the OFA site for the Foxsat remote to see if the code for the function is listed there. You may have to email a request for the code(s).

Failing that have a search on http://www.hifi-remote.com or Remote Central for files relating to the Foxsat remote that you have and then for the EFC code for the correct function.

The remote can be programmed via the pins under the battery cover but that is a more involved process details of which can be found on hifi-remote.com should you wish to investigate.

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 19:49:32 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Amberino

Having contacted the store we bought it from, it has become apparent this is a common problem; as unless you are in possession of a urc with the ability to learn functions (the urc7130 does not), there is no way of accessing the media page. thanks for your help though

| Tue 29 Oct 2013 20:02:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

Possible alternative remote - if you have a smart phone or a tablet with a web browser - you might consider the custom firmware for the HDR. Part of the package is a virtual remote control which is accessible using a web browser such as Firefox, IE etc. It presents an image of the remote on the web browser. When the buttons on screen are clicked, the HDR behaves as if the buttons on the real remote had been pressed.

| Wed 30 Oct 2013 8:15:24 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Amberino - 23 hours ago  » 
    Having contacted the store we bought it from, it has become apparent this is a common problem; as unless you are in possession of a urc with the ability to learn functions (the urc7130 does not), there is no way of accessing the media page. thanks for your help though

I think you misunderstood my post. You can program the buttons on a OFA remote using the key magic feature. This is NOT a learning process it is a programming process, similar to programming the devices but for individual keys.

Please look at the PDF file here (link) for more information for your remote.

You used to be able to request the required codes from OFA but if this is no longer possible you may be able to find the in the sites I linked to above

| Wed 30 Oct 2013 19:52:33 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.