My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

New software available via IP download

(15 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Manufacturer software - 8.7.0

Only upgraded one unit, and that went through 3 restart cycles before unit on - YMMV

No mention of this on YV community forum so no idea what if any changes have been made at the moment, nothing obvious.

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 10:52:44 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Ta for the heads up. Just downloading now ... only rebooted the once for me after doing the update.

Edit: No obvious UI changes. Suspect this may be the promised maintenance update including the fix for the channel loss issue some have been having.

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 11:13:49 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I can tell you want it has not fixed:

1. Long boot
    2. Audio glitches on 5.1 via HDMI to TV
    3. Horrible imbalance in audio between 5.1 and stereo via HDMI to TV - try switching between BBC HD and ITV HD.

Edit:

I see Youview have now commented, better late then never, keep up at the back

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 11:50:48 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

It doesn't do 5.1 over HDMI so if that is the way you listen you may want to try the S/PDIF Audio Format to Stereo (yes I know that should not make any difference to the HDMI audio format but who knows?).

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 12:06:02 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I understand what you are getting at, but makes no difference what output you select via menu's still the same result via HDMI to TV. Perhaps I could have made it clearer in my post. Humax are aware that this has been an issue for a while.

| Wed 21 Nov 2012 12:17:20 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Mobile app function now enabled in settings/device management.

App should be available from app store later this week, the 6th was date mentioned to me a while back, but don't hold me to that

Note: Utilising this function automatically sets the eco mode to low, see FAQ for power usage with this setting.

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 0:31:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Just downloaded the YouView iOS App and paired it with my DTR-T1000. Definitely needs work but it's a nice first step, I successfully set a recording from my iPad. Features needed:

* show current scheduled recordings on the box, currently the app can't see them.

* ability to set series link recordings, all it can do at the moment is a one off recording.

* iPad specific version, the screen emulation of the iPhone is poor and you don't get to see much epg at once.

* versions for other platforms (don't turn this into an Android vs. iOS war please, the world is big enough for both).

* ability for the feature to work in Eco mode high, at the moment when you enable it on the DTR-T1000 it forces into Eco mode low since the box checks in with the server every 15 minutes.

| Sat 8 Dec 2012 16:35:37 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

I may have to abandon the Mobile app feaure. Eco Mode Low leaves the hard disc spinning all the time and the noise is bugging me. It's quiet I'll agree, but when I've got no music or TV on I can hear it and I shouldn't be able to. The disc should spin down after some delay.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 3:11:53 #8 |
  9. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Just a thought. If you leave it in High Eco mode do the remote record timers from the app come through eventually when you next turn the box on or when it turns on to make a recording? Could be a workaround if you are a road warrior away from home for days at a time rather than setting recordings on spec.

Given that most stuff is available on catch up these days I am not even sure if a remote record feature is of much use to most people.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 10:29:03 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You cannot set eco mode high without disconnecting connected devices.

| Sun 9 Dec 2012 11:48:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.