My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version 1.01.11

(133 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

I tried a software search which just hung so did a factory reset but that came back and said no new software found ?

| Wed 11 May 2016 15:25:19 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Um - It was definitely on the IP server earlier 'cos I checked, and declined the update for now.

Just checked now and it appears to have either been removed or there is a problem with the IP server.

I'll give Humax Towers the heads up.

It is still available via the link in first post for USB updating.

| Wed 11 May 2016 16:16:55 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cyderman

This update is giving me severe grief.
    At first, it was working OK - I watched the second half of the btcc programme I had recorded last Sunday.
    Now, I am finding that is becoming unresponsive to the remote after about 5 minutes.i first noticed this in the BBC red button service.
    A reboot later, I went into the settings menu, to confirm the new update has been applied - it has. I then went into the system information menu to check the disk usage. Another hang. Another reboot.
    I then went to watch another recorded programme. The playback started getting jerky, before the machine hung again.
    Repeated key presses, no response.
    Eventually, the screen went blank, then eventually the recordings menu appeared. A yellow no entry icon is in the top right corner of the screen. The sound of the underlying programme eventually came through, but the background image is very jerky, aframenrate of single digit frames per second.

About to reboot again...

| Wed 11 May 2016 18:33:38 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pliny_The_Elder

I'm not having much luck updating. Going the IP route, the software search just gets stuck searching, no timeout or saying no new software or anything. So I tried the use route, gets stuck searching again, the tried the advice in the FAQ to pull power cable and hold channel down when connecting power again and nothing happened. Black screen the sub access light blinked for a while then stopped and box was completely unresponsive. My next step is to reformat usb memory stick redownload the update and try again. I really dont want to have to factory reset! Can you factory reset but retain recordings? Any other advice I getting update to work?

| Wed 11 May 2016 19:46:19 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Kks44

I did a factory reset and inserted the downloaded file on USB stick. The system goes through the set up and identifies the update on your USB stick. I did not lose my recordings but all future scheduled recordings need to be rescheduled. Hope that was useful. I must admit it was not very simple.

| Wed 11 May 2016 20:04:28 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pliny_The_Elder

Very strange, just switched box back on after removing usb after last upgrade try, and it's upgraded... Curiouser and curioser!

| Wed 11 May 2016 20:56:05 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

I;ve just turned on the Humax and bits seem different, as discussed above. I've not done a manual update, this updated automatically

fingers crossed.

| Wed 11 May 2016 22:01:08 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harryhornby

special member

OK, first thoughts after half an hour.

There are more programs to view in the recorded programs section *thumbs up* BUT it still goes to the most recent recording rather than the the oldest, which is the one you want to watch first *thumbs down*

I don't have to press play before forwarding through a recording *thumbs up*

As you've stated above, moving 24 hours in the guide moves 24 hours, not to 12.00 *thumbs up*

I can still can't search for a 7 days' worth of movies *thumbs down*

The guide works better, shows aren't "hidden" anymore. Scrolling is much quicker *thumbs up*

| Wed 11 May 2016 22:35:39 #18 |
  9. andyb63uk

Andy B

Upgrade went very well in less than 3 minutes.

I agree with Harryhornby #18 on most points although I have no trouble searching for 7 days on the epg (assuming thats what you mean mate), and I cant find the Netflix app.

On TV Guide I still get these huge grey boxes with a TV icon in them and still dont know why they are there taking up so much space.

Hay Ho.

| Thu 12 May 2016 11:49:06 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Do any body know if Humax is going to do a over the air update, or is the update only going to be available via USB memory stick download only ?. Only mine is connected to the internet but still wont update.

| Thu 12 May 2016 13:07:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.