My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

New software version 1.01.11

(133 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just got some updated info.

The IP download is phased so that is why it is not available at this time.

It will be enabled again tomorrow for the next tranche.

| Thu 12 May 2016 13:27:20 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

OK thanks Barry I will try again tomorrow.

| Thu 12 May 2016 18:30:37 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

giverny

special member

Downloaded to USB memory stick, plugged in and it updated fine - quite an easy process.

| Thu 12 May 2016 19:20:45 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

After several failed attempts using the usb method, a full reset and re-setup kicked the update off immediately.

I bought this box last week, even after knowing the problems people were having. The box looked great and I just had to have a Humax, especially one with 3 tuners.

This update has really made a difference, especially with more recorded programs being displayed on screen. I had hoped that more channels would be displayed on the TV guide, but as this box is still new'ish, I can only look forward to future updates.

| Thu 12 May 2016 21:32:14 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I myself are not so good at down loading stuff to USB, I always ask a friend to do it, I am OK with copy and paste or following instructions . I was wondering if someone could guide me through the process on how to download it, I am running windows 10. It says on their website, Please make sure the software is saved in the root of the USB stick, Can any body tell me what that means, thanks.

| Thu 12 May 2016 21:34:10 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luddym

special member

Hi,

I don't use windows 10 so can't help with the exact details.

Root just means that you copy the file directly onto the USB stick, and not inside a folder within the USB stick.

If you download the file, you should be able to just copy and paste it to the USB stick.

To download, just click on this then click on the link entitled
    "Fvp4000t_upgrade.hdf" and the file should download. Then just copy the file to the stick.

(If you're having trouble with this, hopefully someone with windows 10 can help.)

I'm sorry I couldn't be more precise.

| Thu 12 May 2016 23:16:09 #26 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

@bill63

Try updating via the IP method from 10am today, might be easier for you.

| Fri 13 May 2016 7:59:09 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

IP download has been re enabled - grab it whilst you can

| Fri 13 May 2016 10:14:58 #28 |
  9. Gobbl

Gobbl

Hi,
    I have tried 6 different USB stick all FAT32 and the file in the root - with no luck!. The box did try and update automatically last night, but it was recording so put up a message to Update Now or Later, but there was no way to accept either option. After all the recording had ended it still had the same message with no option than reboot to get did of the message or use the box. Trying to just let it update automatically now, but its giving the standard 2-3 minutes message which means another reboot in a few hours. Can someone tell me what holding the Channel Down button does when powering back up, and how long to hold so it takes effect?

| Fri 13 May 2016 10:49:30 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

Thank you very much everyone for all your help, I have just down loaded it via IP delivery, it found it straight away when I selected search for new software. Once again thanks guys

| Fri 13 May 2016 10:52:53 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.