My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

New upgrader!

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

amjl

Well after reading and reading, and a bit more reading, I have upgraded my 9200T to a.... HDR-T2! The 9200 was getting very unreliable, and I hope to reformat and reset it and then give it to my sister and hope it works better again!

In my opinion, Youview is still far too sparse with features for my own usage (external hdd media playing/streaming/backing up), which while it will come in time, there appear to be more pressing fixes that are bsing sorted. So for the next 5 years we'll resort to using the iPlayer through the Portal (or my Pi) rather than have it in the EPG. No big loss for the amount of time we will use it, considering going from 160GB to 1TB means we'll just stick everything on series record now!

So now I have played with my new box last night, with a couple of small irks:
    1. Some muxes were dropping significantly in strength, the HD mux to zero. This morning, it was back at 74% again. Surely even the weather cannot have that much of an effect? (loft aerial, btw and mendip tx). This may be the reason our 9200 was missing a lot of recordings.
    2. Can I reorder channels in the main channel list for the EPG, or is this only through the favourites list?
    3. Can I turn off recommendations? I kinda like it, but it could get annoying if we never use it.
    4. The FW is 1.02.29. I assume this is OK unless I start experiencing issues.

I have my Harmony remote set up, and haven't had to open the bag with remote and cables in! The major benefit to the Harmony is that I created a macro to go straight to the root of the plugged in HDD! Win!
    One evening in, happy

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 8:36:48 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

1. Check tuning to ensure you are only receiving from Mendip.
    Easy test for HD, view Channel 50 then via menu, settings, system, signal detection, channel reported should be 58 for Mendip.

2. Favourites is your only option.

3. No.

4. You have the latest publically released FW.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 10:12:51 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.