My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

New user with Foxsat HDR 320 - information needed, please.

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogermunns

I bought this unit secondhand a few weeks ago and I am very happy in general. But I have an issue, which I hope an experienced user can help me overcome.

I have made recordings, very happy with that, but every morning I note that the machine has turned itself to a standby mode. We normally switch off TV into standby at the end of viewing in the evening, but leave the Humax as-is. That is, we don't touch the Humax at all. In the morning it has gone into a sleep mode of some sort and has to bde switched on, then taking 20 sec or so to go through 'BOOT'.

I will soon want to set up for recording when we are away for a few days and I don't know what will happen. As it is I presume it'll turn itself to a standby mode and will not record?

Am I missing something obvious? I have no manual.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 7:51:20 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Auto standby sounds like it is enabled:

Menu, Settings, Other, Automatic Standby.

See this FAQ:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-is-automatic-standby-option

However fear not, the unit records whether on or in standby.

User manual can be downloaded from this link:

http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/products/new_manual/UM_FOXSAT-HDR_400GB_10-0729_low.pdf

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 8:04:33 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The Foxsat is designed to be left in standby and will wake to perform recordings and just as importantly perform a daily maintenance task which ensures it has an uop to date electronic programme guide during your holidays.

Standby mode saves a significant amount of electricity and consumes < 1 watt (In accordance with EEC regulations). You should place it standby in the same way as your

The auto standby is an setup option - but leaving the Foxsat on will miss channel changes and maintenance tasks.

p.s. beaten to it by Barry.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 8:08:10 #3 |
  4. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Check: Menu -> Settings -> Other -> Automatic Standby

But it is really not such a good idea to leave it turned fully on all the time for several reasons including that stopping overnight housekeeping from running and it checking for firmware updates and for new channels.

The machine is designed to record while in standby (like all PVSs) so you should have no worries about leaving it in standby while you are away on holiday.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 8:12:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

andrew

6. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogermunns

Lovely replies, thank you all.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 14:07:23 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

chrissaf

Another thing to consider is that if left fully on 24 hours a day. The live buffer recording will also continue 24 hours a day putting unnecessary strain on the internal hard disk drive, with an increased risk of premature failure.

| Mon 9 Jul 2012 15:17:44 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.