My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Newbie question

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NormanM1

We have a foxsat PVR connected to satellite by a standard dish - it is superb. However, we live in Spain, and the local dealers tell us that when the various channels are migrated to the new Astra satellite, the footprint will change, and we will need a 3 metre dish to get a signal, for which they want a mere 1000 Euros!

I can get live TV on my PC and laptop via the Internet without problem, and wonder if there is a way to pass this through the Foxsat and thence to my TV, either wirelessly or by cable, so that I can watchem on TV and use the PVR to record them if I wish. Can anyone help, please?

| Sun 23 Jun 2013 13:12:49 #1 |
  2. gomezz

gomezz

special member

You can connect PC/laptop to the TV using HDMI if available or VGA + audio if not. Recording programmes is another matter but you certainly cannot record them to the PVR (or to any PVR for that matter).

But unless your exising dish is in an unusually difficult and dangerous location I think your local dealer is trying to pull a fast one on you.

| Sun 23 Jun 2013 13:29:25 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The signal levels that you get are going to be very similar (AFAIK) to that of 2F channels. The next launch is of 2E which is expected to be much the same as 2F.

Try Channel 4 HD London as an example.

I don't think the price is all that bad see 3M dish and my supplier

| Sun 23 Jun 2013 13:41:42 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.