My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Niggles

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Capt_carl

Hi,
    I've been reading on here for some time and bought a 4000T three months ago.
    I really like the device barring the reboot issue at the moment. I'm sure they are working hard on fixing that.
    But I started noticing a few other things that I think need addressing. They're minor things and may only be a simple change.
    So here's the ones I've noticed, feel free to add your own.

Watching a buffered program that is also being recorded makes the buffered program stop when the recording reaches its end. Meaning I then I have to go back into recordings and start watching again, granted it starts from where it was up to but it's an annoyance that shouldn't occur.

Browsing recorded series automatically shows and starts the most recent program rather than the oldest. This has meant I've watched a series out of order when not being careful.

Series links seem to record old programs as well as new. Needs an option for only record new not repeats.

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 22:14:52 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hackenbacker

Series links are driven by the markup in the EPG. The main channels usually get this right, and you only record new programmes.

5 sometimes gets this wrong, and mistakenly mark up new episodes and repeats as part of the same series.

| Sun 13 Nov 2016 23:12:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

5 only generate a different series CRID when it is on a different channel, but they do use the same programme CRID for recent repeats of the same programme.
    As D-book 7 points out, when repeats do use the same programme CRID recorder boxes could achieve recording of just 1 occurrence of the same programme within the series. In my opinion it's a bit ambiguous whether the d-book 7 is attempting to say whether or not this should happen.

The youview technical specification goes 1 step further and says that the youview recorders should record just the once and it also describes how they should go about achieving this.

| Mon 14 Nov 2016 0:42:28 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Birdbrainuk

Capt_carl - 1 day ago  » 

Browsing recorded series automatically shows and starts the most recent program rather than the oldest. This has meant I've watched a series out of order when not being careful.
    blockquote>

To go one step further with this comment.

When trying to delete a number of programs in a series sometime when you click delete the blue highlighting of the currently selected program moves to the next and sometimes it just disappears so you have to go back up and reselect before moving back to delete.

| Tue 15 Nov 2016 13:51:44 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

aphex

Also when deleting a number of programs, the description doesn't update, so you may think you a deleting the same program repeatedly.

For example, you might have SHOWNAME, on 1-Jan, 8-Jan, 15-Jan, 22-Jan, etc.

It defaults to the newest (22-Jan) as mentioned before. If you delete 22-Jan, you still see the 22-Jan description, and the selection is now on "play this episode" instead of "delete this episode". If you just go to "delete this episode", you delete the 15-Jan one. You can do this and delete all the episodes thinking you are just deleting the 22-Jan one over and over!

| Thu 17 Nov 2016 17:06:58 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.