My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

No channel information on box and plse wait on tv

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

PAB10

Hi I am a Freeview user with the similar problem. DTR 1010, not quite 2 years old so still under warranty. The problem started a few weeks ago after a soft ware update.
    After switching on the circular light came on as usual but no channel information on the box screen and please wait on the TV. I eventually pressed the power light for 8 seconds and after a very long wait a picture. I then pressed guide only to find no information on any channel. I noticed the date /time had changed to 0001Jan2000. Remember the Millennium bug. Humax machines can't remember what programmes were on TV then. I finally managed to get to settings and tuned the channels again with the correct date now showing. However the next day with the 1010 on standby over night the problem came back. It now appears to happen all the time. If this is a bug in the software, roll on the next update
    Sorry this is a bit long winded. It takes about 20 minutes to go through procedure just to watch the TV. I don't want to do a full reset as I think it would loose all my recordings.
    Pete

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 22:41:09 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Moved your post to new thread in relevant area.

You could try the maintenance mode reset that retains recordings, see:

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-1370864319647

| Wed 7 Oct 2015 23:27:27 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.