My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No connection with Edimax 150Mbps USB Adapter

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Humaxer

I have spent a frustrating weekend trying to connect the HDR Fox T2 via a 150Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n High Gain USB Adapter to my talktalk router. In the Configure Wi-Fi option it does not list any Wi-Fi network and prompts me to Input Network Name Connection - Security Type - Password. I have completed this numerous times only to see the same message 'Connection Failed. Check your settings and try again.' I have checked the USB adapter on my PC and it connects to the TalkTalk HUAWEI HG523a route. Any thoughts would be welcome. I have spoken with Talk Talk who simply refer my to HUMAX.

| Sun 28 Apr 2013 17:26:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

A lot of people have problems and some usb adapters work and others refuse to.
    Some of them have problems with long names and passwords or those that contain special characters.
    If you can suffer more testing... and to rule the above out
    I'd make a note of the SSID and password from your router normally on 192.168.1.1 admin/admin, something like 'TALKTALK-12345 ABCDEFG8'
    and change this to something simple, all lowercase such as 'talktalk talk1234', reboot the router, wait a couple of minutes and try again with the Humax
    Obviously all your other wifi stuff will have problems for the duration, but this is just a test. If you can get it to work with a simple SSID and password then you know what the problem was and choose a more suitable SSID and password.
    If it doesn't work then it looks like you've picked up an adapter that doesn't work.
    I'm assuming the usb adapter is fairly close to the router i.e. the signal's not being blocked, sometimes they'll come with a small usb extension lead so they can be better placed for reception.

| Sun 28 Apr 2013 19:09:50 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.