My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No EPG on Raydon's 4.1.1 for FOX-SAT

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

aitkenscott

Just loaded Raydon's neat software v4.1.1. and run the web interface install.

Program list is fine but there is neither EPG Now or EPG 7 days lists.

EPG 7 days says "EPG Database is empty. This is probably because this is a new installation."

EPG Now/Next says "Displaying EPG Data from (Thu January 1 1970 00:00)." but displays nothing.

This novice needs help!

| Sun 28 Jul 2013 17:43:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

aitkenscott

Welcome to the forum, in the help pages on the webif you can find this information under 'webif' 'FAQs' :-

Why is there no EPG Data?

Since Humax released firmware version 1.00.20, the freesat EPG stored on the HDR's hard drive is only automatically updated once a day during housekeeping at 3 am.

However the web interface needs an up to date freesat EPG on the hard drive to import into its database, which is then used by the WebIf EPG.

Rather than waiting until the next 3 am housekeeping procedure, this can be resolved manually by:

Pressing 'Guide' on the Humax remote and waiting a few minutes until the sounds comes back.
    This generates a new EPG files on the hard drive.
    Rebooting the Humax. This enables the file to be picked up by the web interface utilities.
    Waiting about five minutes until the web interface utilities have imported the new file into the web-if database

Have you tried following the instructions ?

Dino

| Sun 28 Jul 2013 19:04:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

aitkenscott

Many thanks Dino. I'll try all you have suggested and sorry for not RTFM!

| Sun 28 Jul 2013 19:24:38 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

aitkenscott

Dino,

You are a star. EPG works perfectly this morning after the overnight H/kg. Didn't respond to the "Guide" refresh approach or oddly enough the hard reboot I tried last night after our conversation.

Thanks again for getting me into this lovely piece of work

| Mon 29 Jul 2013 9:16:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

I'm just another happy user - all the thanks should be directed at Mogie et al who have made it work.

| Mon 29 Jul 2013 14:55:50 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.