My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

No HD Channels

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

scsjason

I have just bought a new HD-Fox T2 box and set it up connected over scart to my old CRT TV (still waiting for more HDMI cables before connecting to the digital TV). The problem is I cannot see any HD channels listed although they are available in my area. The guide jumps from 40 something to 60 and the HD channels are 50->54. Is this the box just being helpful because it knows I can't use them or do i have some other problem ?

--
    jason

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 11:54:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It's not the box being helfull, you should be able to view them just not in HD.

Need more info.

Can you put in your postcode here, your house number and tick I am in the trade and post what transmitter you are likely to be using. Once this is known we can tell you how to check signal strength on the HD mux.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/postcodechecker/

Can you also check your channel list, do you have channels with numbers over 800 ?

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 12:07:34 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

scsjason

Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me. We have a 9200T and it can see 2 different transmitters and so has the channels in the 800 range. I think this is the same situation for the HD-FOX T2. Signal strength on the older box is very good 75 plus, haven't looked on the new one. I have previously checked my postcode and it said we have HD. We are only 20Km from the nearest transmitter.

--
    jason

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 15:17:12 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

scsjason - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Thanks for getting back to me. We have a 9200T and it can see 2 different transmitters and so has the channels in the 800 range. I think this is the same situation for the HD-FOX T2. Signal strength on the older box is very good 75 plus, haven't looked on the new one. I have previously checked my postcode and it said we have HD. We are only 20Km from the nearest transmitter.
    --
    jason

Which transmitter, basically you need to get rid of the 800 plus channels and get your local ones where they should be.

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 15:21:26 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

scsjason

I can see Emley Moore and Bilsdale. The box (at least the 9200T, haven't yet paid enough attention to the HD-FOX T2) chooses Bilsdale, but I want the channels from Emley moore by preference. I had hoped the new boxes would be more tolerant than the old boxes. Does this mean I have to do a manual install ?

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 16:36:33 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

scsjason - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Does this mean I have to do a manual install ?

I would definitely recommend it. See my instructions at http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 16:56:20 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Sounds like your aerial is pointing at Bilsdale which is pre-dso and has no HD Freeview till next year. First thing to check is that yout aerial points to Emley Noor which is post DSO and full power.

You can check your current HD MUX reception from Emley Moor by trying the following (if the aerial is pointing the wrong way you most likely won't get much).

Menu/Settings/Installation/0000/Manual Search

Channel 41
    Transmission DVB-T2

What does the signal strength and quality say ?

If The quality is good.

Delete all the radio and TV channels from both pvrs.

Manual Tune the following in turn on the SD box

47 44 51 52 48

On the HD box do the same as above (Set Transmission DVB-T)
    add 41 DVB-T2.

Until you get a decent signal from the first test (if you haven't already) you need to sort out your aerial first.

| Thu 1 Dec 2011 17:09:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

scsjason

Hi,
    Thanks for the help. If I look at channel 41 as you suggest it says strength 63% and quality 100%.
    Is that good ? Our aerial points the same way as everyone elses in the street and I can't get to it to move it (it's on a chimney on a 3 storey terrace house).

--
    jason

| Fri 2 Dec 2011 11:39:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

scsjason

Have retuned as you suggest and now have HD channels, thanks.

--
    jason

| Fri 2 Dec 2011 11:44:59 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

scsjason - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Have retuned as you suggest and now have HD channels, thanks.
    --
    jason

As you have found 63% 100% is fine. Roughly what I get with my loft aerial from Lark Stoke. Did you sort out the SD pvr, if you don't it will mess up series/accurate recording. ?

| Fri 2 Dec 2011 11:56:48 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.