My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Transmitters

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dajeha

Hello,
    I have a new HDR Fox T2 box. Living in a 'fringe' area I get the choice of Midland or Cambridge (Anglia). The signal is slightly stronger with Anglia but when I re-tune and get the message to choose the transmitter I choose the Anglia transmitter but it still saves the Midland first. This means that the Midlands channels are 1,2,3,4,5...... and the Anglia channels are 824,825,826 etc. Is there any way I can force the box to move the Anglia programmes to 1,2,3,4,etc?
    Thank you,
    Dajeha

| Thu 22 Sep 2011 18:24:32 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dajeha - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Is there any way I can force the box to move the Anglia programmes to 1,2,3,4,etc?

You need to do a manual tune. These are some instructions I knocked up but are probably not perfect:

1.Go to https://www.freeview.co.uk/help scroll down to the "Check Freeview at my home" section and input your postcode and house number. When the initial results appear, scroll down past the available channel icons and you should find a "Detailed view" button. Click it to get the results that are useful for tuning purposes. Look carefully at the information returned for each transmitter; don't blindly accept the recommendation for the most likely transmitter. You are looking for the single transmitter that will give you the best signal strength across the range of multiplexes you wish to receive.

2.Having decided on a transmitter, note down the broadcast channel numbers for the available multiplexes (shown in the white column headed N (the N is white on a black circular background)). Carefully mark which one of these channel numbers carry the HD multiplexes (at the time of writing these are BBC B HD, COM7 HD and COM8 HD); you can check by hovering the mouse over the channel number; if the popup says DVB-T2 it is an HD multiplex (although it may carry some SD channels) otherwise it will say DVB-T and it is an SD multiplex.

3. On the HDR press Menu>Settings>Installation. You will be prompted for a password which defaults to 0000.

4. Select Automatic search for channels and immediately stop it; save the results. This deletes all previously found channels.

5. Select Manual search. In the Channel field press right arrow, scroll up or down and select the first channel number from your list. In the Transmission field leave it on the default DVB-T for all the SD channels. For the HD channel it must be changed to DVB-T2. Press Search. This should find a number of channel names. Save the results. If you find zero channels go back and make sure you have the Transmission field set correctly and if not repeat the search.

6. Repeat the manual search for each channel previously noted.

7. You will then need to re-enter your schedule of recordings.

Edited by Admin 13/11/19 to reflect changes due to a merger between the Digital UK and Freeview web sites. Thank you Martin for drawing this to our attention.
    Corrections gratefully received (perhaps this could become a FAQ) and I acknowledge the prior work of Biggles on manual tuning the 9200/9300.

| Thu 22 Sep 2011 18:36:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dajeha

Thank you for that. Unfortunately, being over 70, there is no way I would be able to sort that so it's on with the motley!
    Again,
    thank you.
    Dajeha

| Thu 22 Sep 2011 19:18:14 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dajeha - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for that. Unfortunately, being over 70, there is no way I would be able to sort that so it's on with the motley!

It really isn't that difficult (and you aren't that many years older than me). If you supply your postcode then we can tell you the channel numbers to use.

| Thu 22 Sep 2011 21:58:39 #4 |
  5. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

Corrections gratefully received (perhaps this could become a FAQ) and I acknowledge the prior work of Biggles on manual tuning the 9200/9300.

Linked back to your post from the FAQ Manual Tuning for HD and HDR Fox T2

| Fri 23 Sep 2011 19:23:12 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

basilminor

I live within half a mile and viewing distance of the Guildford transmission tower. My HDR-FOX T2 tabulates a 10 out of 10 reception on all channels. According to the BBC TV reception map I should get perfect reception. All the SD channels come over beautifully, but all the HD channels are either heavily pixelated or a message saying that the signal is too week comes up on the screen. My TV is a Panasonic TX-32LXD700. I did get good HD reception during the first week after the transmitter came on line. I have done several auto re-tuneings on both the TV and the Humax but to no avail. I know that I cannot get HD except through the Humax as the TV set is only HD ready not HD. I have also checked for updated software, but the message I always get is that I am fully up to date. Does anyone know where the problem lies, as at the moment I think that I have bought two white elephants at twice the price than I would have paid had I bought an SD only PVR and TV set.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 12:02:07 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

basilminor - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I live within half a mile and viewing distance of the Guildford transmission tower. My HDR-FOX T2 tabulates a 10 out of 10 reception on all channels. According to the BBC TV reception map I should get perfect reception. All the SD channels come over beautifully, but all the HD channels are either heavily pixelated or a message saying that the signal is too week comes up on the screen. My TV is a Panasonic TX-32LXD700. I did get good HD reception during the first week after the transmitter came on line. I have done several auto re-tuneings on both the TV and the Humax but to no avail. I know that I cannot get HD except through the Humax as the TV set is only HD ready not HD. I have also checked for updated software, but the message I always get is that I am fully up to date. Does anyone know where the problem lies, as at the moment I think that I have bought two white elephants at twice the price than I would have paid had I bought an SD only PVR and TV set.

Try a variable attenuator, Your signal is most likely just too strong. The HD mux probably went to full power at dso2 hence the week of good reception.

eg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TV-Aerial-Attenuator-Variable-0-20Db-Freeview-Digital-/150673681690?pt=UK_ConElec_TVAerials_RL&hash=item2314d9ed1a

Or if you have one try putting a splitter before the box.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 12:08:50 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

What signal strength/quality is the Humax reporting for channel 40 which I think is the HD mux from Guildford.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 12:11:25 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

inspector

special member

Dajeha, you really must try manual tuning. It's so easy. Just follow the instructions that Martin has supplied, & it all clicks into place.

| Sun 22 Feb 2015 10:35:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

inspector - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Dajeha, you really must try manual tuning.

I really fail to understand the point of responding to a post that is more than two years old?

| Sun 22 Feb 2015 11:02:18 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.