My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Transmitters

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LizMac42

Its Liz again - the original questioner and I am 75!
    I managed to get all the numbers off the Transmitter site and I managed to follow the instructions, the important part was doing the Auto Search first and stop immediately to clear original channels.
    Then the only number which produced a good signal was 44 ( though not appearing on the transmitter site) however it worked and the BBC programmes were now sorted BUT the ITV programmes now non existent. I cannot find a transmitter number which will give BBC AND ITV. I think we will have to get FREESAT???

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 18:58:43 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

LizMac42 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Its Liz again - the original questioner and I am 75!
    I managed to get all the numbers off the Transmitter site and I managed to follow the instructions, the important part was doing the Auto Search first and stop immediately to clear original channels.
    Then the only number which produced a good signal was 44 ( though not appearing on the transmitter site) however it worked and the BBC programmes were now sorted BUT the ITV programmes now non existent. I cannot find a transmitter number which will give BBC AND ITV.

What transmitter is the DigitalUK site suggesting will give best reception. Roughly how far away is it from where you are? Are you changing the Transmission field for each channel that you try?

| Mon 5 Jun 2017 19:05:27 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

itm

Does anyone know of an alternative link for getting the relevant channel numbers for my transmitter (Crystal Palace)? The page at https://www.freeview.co.uk/help no longer seems to have a detailed view button.
    My BBC1 (SD) channel has a very poor signal, so I'm hoping that a manual retune will help.

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 15:00:23 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

23, 26, 30 (T2), 25, 22, 28 are the main channels for Crystal Palace.

Plus 55 (T2) for COM 7 and 35 for local

See https://www.freeview.co.uk/corporate/detailed-transmitter-information

| Wed 21 Apr 2021 15:44:10 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

itm

Thanks for that. I've manually retuned using those channel numbers, but still get no reception for SD channels 1,2 and 9 (BBC4) - signal strength and quality both show 1 bar. My TV tuner gets all of these channels without any problems.
    Any idea whether/how I might be able to get reception for these channels?

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 18:56:45 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

itm - 2 hours ago  » 
    Any idea whether/how I might be able to get reception for these channels?

Tell us what the signal strength and quality is as reported by the Humax please (Menu Button>Settings>System>Signal detection)?

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 21:53:32 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Do you have any repeats of BBC1 etc in high numbered channels above 800? You may be receiving from two transmitters, one strong (Crystal Palace) and one weak (somewhere else).

To check the signal/quality percentages if CP has not tuned at all, you will need to partially run manual tuning again and select UHF channel 23 with DVB-T and then read the values without actually trying to retune.

By the way, which Humax box are you using, it might matter and there are quite a few?

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 22:27:34 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

itm

Signal Detection shows Channel 23 as 60% Strength, 40% Quality.
    I do now get some reception on channels 1, 2 and 9, but with pixellation.

I don't have any TV channels above 800 (nothing above 699).

It's an HDR-Fox T2 with Custom Firmware.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 23:03:29 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

itm - 23 mins ago  » 
    Signal Detection shows Channel 23 as 60% Strength, 40% Quality.

The signal strength is fine; the problems are down to the low quality figure. Start by checking the aerial feed cable to the box looking for kinks or badly made joints.

| Tue 27 Apr 2021 23:33:37 #19 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.