My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

No info/ unable to record cetain channels

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pwilliams

Can anyone tell me why, although certain channels (eg horror, channel 70, in UK) are displayed on the listings on my tv, but the FVP-4000T reads 'No Information' and is therefore unrecordable ?

| Mon 24 Apr 2017 12:38:49 #1 |
  2. Stephenesque

Stephenesque

special member

It sounds like your EPG hasn't populated for those channels. On mine I can see and record channel 70 from the EPG.

Are all these channels on the same MUX and have you tried tuning into any of them to see the live broadcasts? I have found in the past that the EPG populated for channels after tuning into them for a few minutes, although I've not had to do this for some time I tend to keep my Humax tuned to 101.

| Mon 24 Apr 2017 13:25:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

I've never been able to see Channel 70 on my FVP4000. Although the channel name and number exist in the guide it has always said "No Information". If I try to view it live it just says "The channel is scrambled or not available".

Channel 70 is received perfectly on the Sony TV tuned to the same mux C21+ (474.2MHz)and other channels on the same mux like ITV3 on 10 and Drama on 20 and all the channels up to CBS Reality on 66 are fine. However Blaze on 83 gives the "Scrambled" message which is correct as Blaze is scrambled.

This has convinced me that for some reason the Humax believes that channel 70 on Ridge Hill is a scrambled channel whilst the Sony understands that it is not.

Channel 71 shows on the Humax guide as Motors TV with no programme information but this is incorrect as channel 71 on Ridge Hill is actually CBS Drama as shown on the Sony so I think a Humax re-tune might resolve the problem but I'm concerned about losing my scheduled progammes and series so I've held off from this. I can't remember what happened last time I re-tuned as that was a year or two ago .... can anyone advise?

Richard

| Tue 2 May 2017 10:01:56 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

RichardS-UK - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I've never been able to see Channel 70 on my FVP4000. Although the channel name and number exist in the guide it has always said "No Information". If I try to view it live it just says "The channel is scrambled or not available".
    Channel 70 is received perfectly on the Sony TV tuned to the same mux C21+ (474.2MHz)and other channels on the same mux like ITV3 on 10 and Drama on 20 and all the channels up to CBS Reality on 66 are fine. However Blaze on 83 gives the "Scrambled" message which is correct as Blaze is scrambled.
    This has convinced me that for some reason the Humax believes that channel 70 on Ridge Hill is a scrambled channel whilst the Sony understands that it is not.
    Channel 71 shows on the Humax guide as Motors TV with no programme information but this is incorrect as channel 71 on Ridge Hill is actually CBS Drama as shown on the Sony so I think a Humax re-tune might resolve the problem but I'm concerned about losing my scheduled progammes and series so I've held off from this. I can't remember what happened last time I re-tuned as that was a year or two ago .... can anyone advise?
    Richard

Get the latest firmware update if you don't already have it and use the new Smart Retune feature which should keep your existing schedules. Make a note of your schedule first in case any do need to be re-added but I used it the other day after months of not retuning and all scheduled recordings were retained.

| Tue 2 May 2017 10:07:39 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

BlackGhost - 14 minutes ago  » 

RichardS-UK - 2 minutes ago  » 
    Richard

Get the latest firmware update if you don't already have it and use the new Smart Retune feature which should keep your existing schedules. Make a note of your schedule first in case any do need to be re-added but I used it the other day after months of not retuning and all scheduled recordings were retained.

I have 1.01.57 which I believe is the latest so I'll check out this Smart Retune feature. Many thanks.

Richard

| Tue 2 May 2017 10:22:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BlackGhost

special member

See the top thread in the forum - 'New FVP 4000T software version 1.02.13'

| Tue 2 May 2017 10:26:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

RichardS-UK

special member

BlackGhost - 4 hours ago  » 
    See the top thread in the forum - 'New FVP 4000T software version 1.02.13'

I see ... thanks.

I checked my Humax properties but it's obviously not been updated yet so I'll wait for the OTA update before I so anything. I'm happy to wait.

Richard

| Tue 2 May 2017 14:49:12 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.