My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

No live TV functions on HDR-1000S freesat+

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BooBoo

Having been round and round the web (like a frustrated teddy bear) to find a solution to this issue - am very hopeful that someone here will be able to help me please.

All other functions on my box are working perfectly but (suddenly, as of today) I can't do anything with live tv - can't pause, rewind, fast forward.... Have checked and these buttons all work fine with recordings. The only suggestion I could find anywhere was to reset factory default settings. Is this the only option? I've tried the good old "switch it off and on again" including removing all cables and reconnecting them.

Any ideas please folks??

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 22:43:07 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

BooBoo

I've also checked that settings are "freesat box connected with 2 cable" and both signals (all 4 bars) are shown as "good"......

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 23:01:12 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

First of all try a factory default, but in all honesty it sounds as if you have a corrupt buffer file which currently the only way to resolve is to format the hard drive.

| Thu 23 Jan 2014 23:54:16 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

This seems to be happening a lot lately !

| Fri 24 Jan 2014 0:03:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

truckerbob

Reffub - 16 hours ago  » 
    This seems to be happening a lot lately !

Having the same problem I reported it to Humax support, but they seem to be living in denial. Not often enough to be listed as a problem according to Humax.
    Bob

| Fri 24 Jan 2014 16:41:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

BooBoo

Thanks all. Have reset factory default but no joy unfortunately so presume my only option now is to format hard drive and (I understand - and dread) lose all my recordings. Could someone please advise how to do this? Many thanks again.

| Sat 25 Jan 2014 23:02:20 #6 |
  7. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

BooBoo - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks all. Have reset factory default but no joy unfortunately so presume my only option now is to format hard drive and (I understand - and dread) lose all my recordings. Could someone please advise how to do this? Many thanks again.

Same place you did the Factory Default but select HDD, you'll then see two options: Start Disk Cleanup and Start Disk Format.

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 0:14:44 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

BooBoo

Thank you so much all - it did the trick

| Mon 27 Jan 2014 19:38:45 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Slixtream

Looks like we've got these problems too. Also seem to have the problem with the HDMI handshake while it's in record.

Shame, as I like so much of the HDR.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 21:44:53 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

macker6464

Yes... so apparently I probably have a corrupt buffer file!

Can't pause live TV like many others.

I have done the decent thing and emailed Humax to let them know. Probably nothing they can do for me but... by letting them know maybe next time there is a new software update it won't cause my buffer file to get corrupted. Not saying it did cause it but many people saying this issue started after installing the new software.

At first I though SWMBO was recording several things so that it wasn't buffering so would not pause but I was not understanding the HDR1000S correctly.

Such a shame to lose all the recordings - bye bye Dinosaurs 3D and Wimbledon 3D!

I will leave it a bit until we have watched some older stuff as no other problems I have noticed??

Cheers
    macker6464

| Fri 4 Apr 2014 23:57:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.