My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No loop though signal

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

victhevolvo

Humax 2000T
    I tuned my Freeview TV (Panasonic )as normal. Lead from aerial into Humax then to TV, all normal wiring. It tunes fine but when I turn the Humax off there is no signal to the TV. Turn the Humax on and the signal is back. Programmes record fine so the problem is the loop through. I have Freesat as well wired straight into the TV but ITV1 is very poor on Freesat so I have to switch to Freeview. Everything worked fine with my old, now broken, Humax 9150 so the problem is the 2000. Any ideas please.
    Thanks

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 13:37:04 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

victhevolvo - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Humax 2000T
    I tuned my Freeview TV (Panasonic )as normal. Lead from aerial into Humax then to TV, all normal wiring. It tunes fine but when I turn the Humax off there is no signal to the TV. Turn the Humax on and the signal is back. Programmes record fine so the problem is the loop through.

You need to turn off power saving in standby to enable loop through. There are some quirks with loop through on the HDR-2000T and some pople advocate using an aerial feed splitter before the Humax to feed the signal to the TV but for us the loop through works well enough.

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 13:51:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

victhevolvo

Many thanks for that. It worked. I think whoever designed this model needs to go back to basics. How can you design a Humax originally without a loop though…it was sorted with software update. How can you design aa Humax that you don’t know if it’s recording. Red light says it’s on or recording…but which? Why does it take so long to boot? It works very well once up and running but they seem to have ignored the basics.
    Thanks

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 15:42:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

victhevolvo

Many thanks for that. It worked. I think whoever designed this model needs to go back to basics. How can you design a Humax originally without a loop though…it was sorted with software update. How can you design aa Humax that you don’t know if it’s recording. Red light says it’s on or recording…but which? Why does it take so long to boot? It works very well once up and running but they seem to have ignored the basics.
    Thanks

| Mon 7 Mar 2016 15:43:19 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.