My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

No Network View (amongst other things)

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Whitemonk

Set up the box and made a test recording. Also accessed the TV Portal without problems, so my network connection works. Pressed MEDIA on the remote. Played back the recording okay. Pressed the BLUE button for Storage on the remote. Got both HDD and Network blocks displayed. Popped in a USB stick and repeated and got the USB block displayed as well. Played a mp4 file on th e USB stick flawlessly. Then I selected the "Network" block and the screen blanked and the box rebooted. As I understand it, I should have seen a network diagram, not requested the box to reboot!

Reset box, set it up again - same thing happened.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this yet another duff box that needs to be returned?

Software version 1.00.07

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 14:02:10 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Is this yet another case of Twonky media server causing a reboot.

You may or may not know whether you have Twonky running somewhere, if you do you can eliminate it by switching it off and re-testing.

What were you expecting to see on the "Network" block? and by that I mean not a network diagram, but what other devices on your network?

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 15:19:59 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Some versions of Power DVD also cause the problem, at least it does on a HDR FOX T2. No idea if the new box has inherited the problem.

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 15:23:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Whitemonk

My router is a TP-Link TL-WDR4900. It has a couple of USB sticks plugged in to it which are shared on the network. In the router USB settings, there are four things that can be switched on: Sharing, FTP, Media and Print. Print was already off. Switching Media off and leaving Sharing and FTP on has cured this problem.

Now, pressing the blue button displays my wireless attached laptop and enabled me to play a video file from it.

We have a fix - many thanks. I guess my router uses Twonky.

Now to work out why the box hangs when I change to/from some of the services in the 200 range........

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 16:26:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Whitemonk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Now to work out why the box hangs when I change to/from some of the services in the 200 range........

the channels in the 200 range are either Text services or streamed services. The HDR-2000T supports some of the streamed services but at the current time some are reported to give problems; I have no idea whether Humax intend to improve the range of services supported. Which channels give problems?

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 17:30:59 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Whitemonk

Martin Liddle - 54 minutes ago  » 

Whitemonk - 1 hour ago  » 

the channels in the 200 range are either Text services or streamed services. The HDR-2000T supports some of the streamed services but at the current time some are reported to give problems; I have no idea whether Humax intend to improve the range of services supported. Which channels give problems?

I must confess it is unlikely that I will stray into the Text Services (200-208) or Adult Services (170-199) areas very often, but some of the present (or proposed) Streamed Services (225-240) may be more interesting.

I have not conducted any proper checks yet. On occasions, I seem to be able to access these services. At other times, the box locks up requiring a 'pull the mains' reset.

I got this box to be a workhorse, so at the moment I'm actually using it to watch and record services, which the box seems to cope with well!

I'll feed back on the streamed services situation when I have some repeatable results.

| Wed 9 Apr 2014 19:05:34 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.