My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

No on Demand, No Showcase, No iplayer.....

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

HelHan

Hello

I am new to Humax...and can't connect to on demand, showcase or iplayer- ( 901? says signal to weak or not available)

I am using ethernet cable- tells me I am connected, then says not available.

have unplugged everything several times

Is there something obvious I am missing?

Internet is through Sky

Thank you

| Sun 11 Nov 2018 13:21:31 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I assume the 901 message is when you try and use iPlayer?
    Which unit do you have? I will assume it is a 2nd Generation freesat unit HDR-1xx0S (the digits represented by xx vary).

When the unit starts it checks that it can acquire an ip address from your router, this confirms it can access your LAN.
    Next it tries to access the freesat server, probably by using a command that verifies something exists, if so it enables showcase and on-demand icons.

Actually connecting to these services then requires a prompt reply from these servers.

Known problems include routers which, when first connected, display a connection confirmation which has a OK button to dismiss it. Normally the router has a option to turn this off.

If your unit is the HDR-1100S which has WiFi check the routers connected devices to ensure it is not connecting by WiFi instead of by cable.

| Sun 11 Nov 2018 14:15:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HelHan

Thank you.

| Sun 11 Nov 2018 14:18:15 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.