My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

No or bad signal

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Noggins

Hi. I know what is says under error message but it is none of those. Box working fine until I disconnected all cables owing to getting a new carpet. Positive all cables are back in their proper place as I have had to disconnect before with no problems when reconnecting. Different story this time. Getting the above message when endeavoring to record, I can record but when doing so get that above message and no channels

| Wed 7 Nov 2012 12:37:10 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You did connect to the outer 2 connections and not to the centre?

| Wed 7 Nov 2012 13:32:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Noggins

Are you referring to the lnb cables? If so, the answer is yes. I did find that one of the lnb leads was loose in its connector but have secured it and strengthened it with insulating tape to prevent it from moving back which would make it inoperative. Still getting the "no or bad signal" and preventing some recordings. The thing everything was fine the night before my probs started with reconnection cables. Noggins Thanks

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 9:39:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Noggins - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Are you referring to the lnb cables? If so, the answer is yes. I did find that one of the lnb leads was loose in its connector but have secured it and strengthened it with insulating tape to prevent it from moving back which would make it inoperative. Still getting the "no or bad signal" and preventing some recordings. The thing everything was fine the night before my probs started with reconnection cables. Noggins Thanks

The f connectors should be really tight on the cables. It sounds like someone has used a 100 size (WF100/PF100) on 65 grade cable which is smaller. If you have a screwfix near try fitting the f connectors they sell as Sky connectors (Sky use twin WF65 (Shotgun) cable. If you have never fitted f connectors - google it.

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 10:09:49 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Noggins

Thanks to those helpful replies. Both lnbs are in the right place and secure. I still have the same problem so I am thinking it has to be the hdr box with a problem. Trouble is Humax wants £95. I need to phone them and get them to identify exactly what I get for my money that I am reluctant to part with. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Glad to hear if you have. Cheers Noggins.

| Fri 9 Nov 2012 22:06:31 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The chances of this being a problem with the Foxsat are small. See How to fit an F connector
    The cable must make a good electrical connection as 18v will be applied by the Foxsat.

| Sat 10 Nov 2012 8:33:14 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.